@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â That sounds cool! I agree with Liv in that the submit or danger thing is a little cliche. The Underground also sounds cliche. So, yeah, if you could put a unique twist in there, it would be perfect!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 🙂 That idea actually sounds really exciting right off, but I feel like I have seen it a lot before in various places… at least bits and pieces of it. The futuristic and evil government is a pretty heavily used element in a lot of sci-fi/dystopian. So is the Rebellion/Uprising of the people. That’s not to say it couldn’t work, with…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Sam-Kowal I actually think about that more than I probably should… 😛 The possibilities are just so fascinating!
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec @jane-maree Make room for more Aussie!! Welcome back, Claire!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Yay Jane!!! Go Aussie!! I’m thinking I’m going to put ‘Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers’ as my signature… 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree @emildy-d @dragon-snapper @radically-surrendered @aratrea @daeus @itiisastarrynight @notawriter @seekjustice @dekreel @rochellaine @mariposa @sam-kowal @that_writer_girl_99 @daughteroftheking @kballen @livgiordana @anyone else
I’m adding a #6 idea everybody! I just got this idea tonight actually, so lemme know if it’s cliche or…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
*shudders* yeah…probably.
So, you have a cool accent, but what does the american accent sound like? @jane-maree
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec Ohh, that’s right. I like the Secret Garden 🙂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Not that I think you actually celebrate Christmas in July, I just…the expression… *sighs* *is tired*
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Cool accents and Christmas in July? Incredible. @jane-maree
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you are a writer when someone asks you what you do for fun, and you say, “writing,” but what you really meant to say was, “Going back and forth between being completely in love with my characters and story, and wanting to chase plot bunnies.” XP
You know you are a writer when you watch Monsters Inc. for the first time in a long while,…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi @gh24682468999, Are you from America? Taiwan must be interesting. I was an MK in Papua New Guinea for a while, but I live in Australia now. 🙂 And…I’m not hugely into the MBTI tests, so I don’t actually know. I mean, I know what type all my characters are…just not…me. Sorry! 🙂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree I genuinely had to stop and think about where you lived for a second. Summer in December…odd, but then, I live in Florida, so it’s kinda the same thing…
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree 😀 Really? That’s cool. I didn’t know that, at all. So I’m guessing my story about replicating and selling people’s voices would fit into sci-fi, too? ;D *gaze lights up*
The ending! It was… really, really impressive and awesome. I think it almost turned ME into an Epic.
I’m hoping Skyward is kind of a thematic sequel to Reckoners,…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I may or may not have just stalked this entire thread *cough*
XD These things are face-splittingly funny 😀 😛 😛
@daeus that thing you said a long time ago about the light… that’s an idea that’s always fascinated me. Several scientists have actually theorized that we really do actually all see color differently, because of difference in our…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi @radically-surrendered, yes actually, I do! I play piano and guitar and sing. How about you?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Just pokemon in general…if you don’t know what it is, I don’t know how to explain it… @catwing
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper @catwing @dekreel You know you are a writer when…
You go back and read this entire thread, because you desperately want to know what other writers are like
You are laughing and being amused the entire time because you know what almost all of those things are like
You are, at the same time, listening to an “Epic Emotional…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
*pouts* Drat. I was going to be thoroughly amused if you said otherwise. @jane-maree
Ah well. How are you?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Was that a pokemon reference? Or were you just coincidentally referencing the series I grew up with as a child?
- Load More
