@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Have I seriously been working for three hours?!
*WHEW!* I’m signing off
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
What initially attracts you to subscribe to an email list?
I either know the person or am really interested in the free resource they’re giving out. Or they have a cool giveaway.
What kind of things should I write about?
I’d say it all depends on what kind of audience you’re trying to cultivate. Think about what your ideal audience would like…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose @dragon-snapper @aislinn-mollisong @that_writer_girl_99
I’m writing
(And by writing, I mean NOT writing, just story-planning. I hope that counts… 😛 )
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 Oh, no! I’m praying ;-(
-
Mariposa Aristeo started the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
I’m seriously considering creating an email list and I needed y’all’s sage advice. What are some ways to attract people to sign up? A free ebook is a good incentive, but right now I haven’t any books to offer. 😉 I was debating about having free short stories like Josiah, but I also thought about offering a free downloadable card (if that’s p…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese and
LivGiordano are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Thanks. 😊 I know what you mean about writing consuming your life—I used to have time for so many things…like baking, running people over (on the wii 😜), playing emoji blitz… *sigh* 😥 Now it’s either writing or art, or art or writing (or the forum, but that sort of counts as writing, doesn’t it?). 😉 But I love writing so much that…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hmm…different title…maybe something like “Forced Allegiance” ? I’m really not sure; I’d have to know more of the plot. 🙂
I like @skredder’s idea of having the resistance be bad too.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Futeristic Executions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I was thinking the same think as @sam-kowal I forgot how different Australia time is from the USA. I was like “3 o’clock in the morning!” 😜
Sequel to Stars Fill Infinity?! *fangirls*
hmm…..you could take the more advanced executions we have in the world today and go from that. Electric chair maybe, or another form of electricity.…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Futeristic Executions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Talk about a gruesome topic…
What about firing squads? Or… Locking someone in a room and sucking out all the oxygen? Or… I got nothing… Not the kind of thing I mull over. XD 😉
@sam-kowal When you said killer ray, Sam, I immediately of the invisible ray the Martians used in The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. This is not a…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Futeristic Executions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Ooohhh O_0
XD I forgot Australia was a different time than me when I first read this and I was like ‘Wow’
Warning: Morbidness ahead, proceed with caution
So:
Probably lethal injections of drugs would be a common one. It’s humane, can be pretty much painless (if you can call being executed painless), and very effective. Potassium…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Calling all artists! in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Calling all artists! in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Calling all artists! in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa, @christi-eaton @ethryndal @graciegirl @itisastarrynight @sage-g @cloudy @i-j-anderson. Sorry, only artists I can think of! I know there’s more of you out there, though, so my apologies
-
SeekJustice started the topic Futeristic Executions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Calling all Kaapeefers!
I’m plotting the sequel to the novel I just finished writing and it is inspired by the French Revolution, but set 147 years from now. What sort of form of execution might we be using in place of a guillotine?
Please let your imagination run wild 😛
@daeus @sam-kowal @jane-maree @clairec @dekreel @that_writer_girl_99 @jenw…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic First time writing historical fiction in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
Well, a girl would not be able to join the navy. She would have to disguise herself as a boy, which wouldn’t be as easy as the books/movies make out, especially if she’s a older teenager/woman. However, maybe she could try and be discovered, but not until they’re out at sea, so she can’t be returned or she could stow away and…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Like three Ss. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, funny things some times happen to the messsages 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
😀 Haha, it’s so easy to do! I’m not sure what happened to the last comment I made. ??
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
The little winking face wasn’t actually what I meant to put there 🙂
- Load More
