@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Aella yikes… I do not envy you. 😛
Well… oh boy. If this was my task, I’d probably take a mathematical approach, since communication is all about presenting the material in the way your audience is already used to thinking.
First, I would explain the purpose of fiction— how it’s use is to touch people on the heart and make them think…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
What on earth does this have to do with math?
Okay. Generally speaking, people who like math like it because it makes sense–everything fits together, and there’s not a lot of gray area. Writing, even though there’s the potential for a lot of gray area, is similar in that its many aspects fit together to create order when there was chaos.
But t…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 As long as it’s a somewhat expansive story, where all 3 have things to do, no, that’s not too many 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily I would!
-
Kina Lamb and
Hannah are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper and
Hannah are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa @livgiordano Okay, got it! 😊
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I agree with everyone else here. Three POVs isn’t too many—just make sure you aren’t headhopping between characters. Always insert a scene break before switching POVs. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 No need to apologize! Long is good, especially when it’s packed with helpful information. Thank you for your input and advice! 🙂 It’s really helping me to formulate my ideas and strategies.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Cool! I’d probably do a giveaway then, like a chance to win an illustration for their book or perhaps a free portrait of themselves.
I rarely take photos so do you think artwork would suffice in place of that? And perhaps Aberdeen comics?
Thank you so much for your advice, Jane! 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Actually, my email list subcribing is rather…rare (I only subscribe to 2 right now). I usually prefer to pop into someone’s blog once a week rather than subscribe to an email list. 😜 I don’t even “follow” blogs in the normal sense by clicking the follow button; I just save their blogs to my favorites list and regularly check them. I…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I like the idea of exclusive artwork. I post about 4 pictures per month on my blog, but I could always reduce that to 2 a month and have the other 2 be for my subscribers. I’m planning on writing an ongoing series of short stories featuring the same characters which I might include in my email list also (probably with i…[Read more]
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Heyo! 😀 I wanted to inform you that I got a blog. 😀 You can find it at silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com
-
Okay. I’ve been checking for posts, I just haven’t gotten around to commenting yet. Your blog looks good! 😉
-
@Jenwriter17 *facepalm* Riiight. I couldn’t remember if I had tagged you before, so sorry about that.
*headdesk*-
That’s okay! 😉
-
-
-
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Futeristic Executions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Um… I’m not sure this is a healthy topic. XD Below are various ways of killing a person:
- Dumping someone into the vacuum of space so that their blood boils and their bodies explode
- Infiltering a person’s bloodstream with tiny nanobots that use lasers to slowly disintegrate a person from the inside out
- Rigging phones (or the…
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Sorry I’m late! I find this idea especially intriguing because I see myself as a logical dreamer, if that makes any sense. My goal for life is to become a computer programmer who writes fiction on the side.
So… my suggestion is to not make math and science seem evil or the dreamers perfect but to seek a middle ground. P…[Read more]
-
Snapper and
LivGiordano are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder @seekjustice @dekreel Thank you all! I think all three will add interesting angles to the story, but I’m still planning to make sure, and doing more research ’cause I’ve never done more than one POV before (actually, I may have two a long time ago). Does KP have an article about that?
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
🙂
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
I love your drawings, @mariposa. 🙂 Would you give my character sketch a go?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Calling all artists! in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks @sage-g!
- Load More
