@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Sam-Kowal I know! Crazy. I love it. 😛
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow, that is a long post.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Don’t worry about my tag, someone just recently left off the 17 😉
My answers:
Who was your favorite character? Why?
I really liked Chessy because of her spunk and determination and passion to do what’s right no matter what. I also liked Rain because of her roughness, sneakiness, and, I gotta say, the way she talked too. 😊 I like…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I second what some other people said that I don’t think you can fully do this without mentioning Christ. That being said, I don’t think you need to fully explore a theme or provide a full message within a short story. As long as you explore several true aspects of the theme & message and are pointing readers in the right direction, I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 I’d like to try Cole Avis.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwrier17
Sorry I meant to put them there but forgot 😕
Here they are! I’m glaad you enjoyed it 😊
Who was your favorite character? Why?
What were some of your favourite scenes? Why?
Were there any scenes you thought were poimtless or boring?
What did you think of the world-building? Was it clear and unique? What could I improve?
Were there…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice *fangirls* Just finished reading Stars Fill Infinity! I’ts been a really long time since I’ve read a book of this length in the time that I did. 👍Overall, I really enjoyed the whole thing, the theme, character, and plot. Looking forward to seeing the finished published book! What are your plans for publishing?😊
Were you still wanting…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@inkling-for-Christ Oo, him being the son of the governor really puts the pressure on him. *rubs hands together*
And yes, I love the Igyfeathers! *ahem* The Wingabys! Oh well, you know what I mean. 😀 Do you have a favorite character?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Yes, well, certainly there can be exceptions, but that’s the general trend. With KP, I know that our emails were read more when we removed all images from them except the picture prompts. That’s with people telling us they liked the pictures in the emails.
I’d recommend split testing it if you’re unsure. Just send out some with images…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I get your concern, I think the same thing a lot too. Actually on @mariposa ‘s blog (thetinytealtypewriter.com) she just did a post kinda about this that might help answer your questions.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, if you’re happy to. I’d love a few versions. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal @livgiordano Okay, thank you!
@jane-maree thank you, I’ll look into these articles. I love K M Weiland’s website.☺
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Wow, that’s fabulous! Thank you so much! This is why I didn’t attempt it myself. 😉 I can’t draw like that! :0
-
Jessi Rae and
Skredder are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Thank you! Yes, she is a believer 🙂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aella listen to Kate.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aella Yeah, definitely speak in his terms. Don’t try to make him a writer or treat him like a writer, because that’s probably not where his focus should be. He won’t understand the way you think, so you have to understand the way he thinks which is. It doesn’t matter what you value about writing, find what he values and show him whatever ways…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien @mariposa Actually, statistics show that people are far more likely to read an email that has just text. People say they like pictures, but when it actually comes down to it, they distrust emails with pictures in them. Of course, it depends on your niche, but I think it’s most likely your audience will pay more attention to you…[Read more]
- Load More
