@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine This is the bestiest! *flailing* Here are some names I’ve dreamed up but will never use:
Ero
Driana
Romanique ( roh-man-EEK. I don’t know if this is a boy’s name or a girl’s…)
Ivari
Larik
Arax
Railos
Evina
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I’m gonna be really busy today and tomorrow, but I’ll get that to you as soon as I can.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d @livgiordano YEEEEEEES! Wars of the Realms is SO AWESOME! I gotta get a t-shirt one of these days……
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d I don’t think I’ve listened to Celtic Women. I just have one Irish music CD.
I heard the Newsboys once in the God’s Not Dead movie (seen it?), and I really liked them.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus I’ve heard that people distrust emails with photos, but since I’m an artist and a large portion of my future email list would revolve around art, I’m not sure that would work. As you and Jane Maree suggested, I can always play around until I figure out what works for me and my subscribers. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
…….That was weird……..
TAKE TWO! *claps clapperboard*
Thanks @rochellaine! I might actually use some of those for my novella! (assuming I ever get back to it……)
Anyway, can I drop in some names, too?
Girls (I got these from a book, mostly)
- Airow
- Aine
- Altair
- Ashe
- Vekka
- Cleo
- Dae
- Dove
- Elke
- Fae
- Faune
- Ginger
…
-
ClaireC and
Mariposa Aristeo are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I actually thought about doing Aberdeen comics for subscribers, but I hadn’t decided for sure.
Oh, I will definitely let you know when my email list is up and running. 🙂 I’m hoping sometime in March or April.
Thanks for your advice, Anne!!! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Yep, @rochellaine is right! Outside of the topic, before Rochellaine posted, it SAID I posted recently, but my post is gone!
Spam?! Hmmm, that makes sense, actually. It’s happened about three times, and all of those times, I remember that the posts were pretty long. This one was long, too.
If it helps, here is another place where it…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Short Story Characteristics in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 I don’t recommend making your story short just to write a short story. Make the story as long as it should be. A story should be short when the concept, plot, etc are simple enough that a short story is all that is needed; a story should be long when the concept, plot, etc need more room to flourish.
Setting is important for any…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Short Story Characteristics in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Heh. You tagged me.
Welp, writing short stories is actually really difficult for me. The only thing harder than writing a short story for me is coming up with a character’s name. XD
But I’ll give you what advice I can from the few successful times I’ve written or read short stories.
So, if you do have a big story world, don’t…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily This does sound like a neat concept! The only thing that doesn’t quite make sense to me is how the seawyrms could have her family crest marked on them? Am I just misunderstanding? Of course, when you go to write this you can definitely explain in better detail. XD
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel That sounds frustrating–sorry you’ve been running into that! Is there a recent forum thread you can point us to where you’ve had this issue? I’m wondering if for some reason the forum software thinks your comments are spam and is trying to remove them from public view.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g I just took a peek at your sister’s drawing, and they’re amazing 😀 Tell her I love her art 😀
-
Joy started the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@rolena-hatfield @daeus @aratrea @………
I don’t know who exactly is in charge of the coding and stuff for the forums, but I have found a few times now that after I post something, when I try to edit it, I click save, and the topic reloads etc… and my entire post is GONE! I can’t get it back, and I have to completely redo it!
Why is th…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello?? Anyone home? I’m writing for a while If anyone wants to join me. @seekjustice, @dragon-snapper
-
ClaireC replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice, not sure how I missed the notif for your last comment, but yes, I’m homeschooling. 🙂 You too?
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Here you go! I hope you don’t mind manga 🙂

-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree There’s not many characters I like more than Kal. 😀 He’s storming wonderful. That chapter in Way of Kings with Amaram and the Shards… *starts banging head onto table and clenching fists* …was rather moving.
XD It’s funny how they all rhyme like that. Their names could be a poem
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, that’s a good idea 😀
You can show how close to dreaming science and math actually can get, to start with. Some of the world’s greatest scientists unfolded some of the greatest secrets in the world because they were dreamers, and dreamed beyond what others thought was possible. And then made discoveries no one thought…[Read more]
- Load More
