@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi all! This week’s “winner” was @livgiordano !! Drop your advice here for another chance to see your advice in our newsletter!!
-
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I don’t remember right off the top if a whole thread disappears or not. If it doesn’t disappear, it would probably be on the topic list, but I think the topic itself would be completely empty.
I do remember that I had to create a completely new thread the last time it happened
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I am actually strongly considering using Kethra in future stories 😀 I have NO idea who she will be or what story she’ll be in yet
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Hi! I thought I’d let you know that I tagged you for the Liebster Award on my blog. If you’ve seen it that’s fine, but one of the rules is to notify the people you tagged… so I thought I’d notify you. XD
https://silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com/2018/01/secondary-introduction-liebster-award.html
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d, you’re an Aussie? Welcome to the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers! Are you new? I apologise if you’ve been here for a while and I’ve missed you, I haven’t been around for a while, and so many new people have joined while I’ve been away! 😉
@sleepwalkingmk, just like all the crazy Aussies who are awake in the middle of the night! 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Aaah! Just saw your writing advice got into a KP newsletter!!! Congratulations! 😁I like the idea about an ‘idea jar.’ I love to observe my surroundings too. I notice more of the little things since I became a writer.
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Glad I could help 😉 XD
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree XD So am I. There’s some cool things later on that help to lessen the pain of it, too
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
Woah. I can’t believe we’ve both been on this forum for so long and a) I never ‘friended’ you, and b) I didn’t discover your blog till yesterday. YESTERDAY! And I have to say I’ve never laughed so hard in my life before. Tears were flowing. I sometimes laugh like that with my family (they’re nearly as funny as yours! 😉 ) but I don’t normally…[Read more]
-
‘Unfriends’ we are no longer. 😉
BUT THIS MAKES ME HAPPY. Seriously. My blog gave you LAUGHY TEARS!!! When I started it, I honestly just wanted to bring a little joy to the world, so when people tell me that it made them laugh, or it brightened their day a little, or whatever… It’s terribly fulfilling.
-
My mum loved the severed wampa arm cake. I would have done exactly the same thing. 😛 I dissected a fish today, and this is a picture of it by the time I’d finished. My thoughts during the process were disturbingly Gollum-like. “Aren’t we a nice little fishiessssss. Looks! there’sss your liversessssss!” 😀
-
I don’t actually know how to post a picture, so let me keep trying! 😉
-
I’ve tagged you.
-
-
ROCK AND POOL, IT’S NICE AND COOL, SO JUICY SWEEEEEEET….
That is so stuck in my head now… XD “Look at the fishiesss! Nice fishiesss. Smeagol eats the tasssty little fisshieess…”
Isn’t it scary how sometimes in real life, you’ll start mentally referring to yourself in the third person? I’ll accidentally make a mistake, and find myself…[Read more]
-
I know! 😀 I haven’t even watched the movie, just read The Hobbit, and starting LOTR soon. But a friend of mine and I often swap Gollum and Bilbo’s riddles…
-
Well sheesh. The first part of my comment probably just went completely over your head then.
-
Oh, no, don’t worry, I got it. 😛
-
When you’re a part of a community like this, you can’t stay in LOTR ignorance for very long!
-
-
-
-
-
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Maybe there’s an inspector or someone who discovers the MC’s “problems” and takes him away to a special school for nonconformists. Then he could meet other people like him, or maybe he meets an engineer-in-training who has a wild imagination (which made him also a nonconformist.) He could teach the engineer how to drea…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer if you get excited when you see the “You Know You Are a Writer When…” topic has been updated.
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer AND a fangirl/fanboy when you include names, cameos and/or easter eggs in your stories of things you love
*blinks away heart eyes….*
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano. Hey! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet…which I’m sure everyone has already said. But hey! why not?
Glad to have you here!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Okay, thanks! Did you have any thoughts on #6? I posted that one later on.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily 😀 Yeah. That sounds like a pretty neat idea.
The seawyrms sound quite interesting, too. The crests confused me at first, but I realized you could do something like having a way in the story to manipulate pigments in their scales and cause certain colors to bleed through, and to make the crest, the colors are manipulated in a certain…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@overcomer Great. 😀
Here’s a doc for you. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BIHK8v-ag07-tPraj6QWrbf_BVN2P_PjySIw87Ljfyg/edit?usp=sharing
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
If you’re still looking for readers, @daeus , I’m more than willing. My local libraries have been a desert lately, so I’m good and bored and full of unrealistically high expectations.
Which means I’m ripe for giving criticism– er, feedback. 😉 🙂
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Since SeekJustice commented, I might as well comment, too:
Your sister is AMAZING! WOW! If I ever get around to those illogical children’s books that I started when I was thirteen, I am SO asking her to illustrate them!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking @ingridrd I love those names!!!!!
@rochellaine *talking to self* She likes Adric…. SHE LIKES ADRIC!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Adric is a Dr Who character’s name, and you know how we Whovians are……..
- Load More
