@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi, @skredder! Worldbuilding and character development are the best. And also the worst. How’s it going?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano, My sister’s on Revive, and she really wants to know what Ydub is. I’m on the YWW facebook group, and I really want to know too! Is is another name for YWW? If so, where did it come from???
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Joy and
ClaireC are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Posting fan fiction is fine so long as you label it fan fiction.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, guys! (Yes, I say this every time. Yes, I have sporadic long breaks. I apologize. Life is hard.)
I am currently writing, (yes, still the same thing.) so if any of you ladies, gentlemen, droids, or mythical beasts want to hang out, I am available for the time being.
@dekreel @catwing @ingridrd @seekjustice @ethryndal @dragon-snapper
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you read/watch something, and actually say out loud, “Emotion telling” “Overview telling” “Overuse of adjectives” and other writer-y thingys such as these things.
You know you’re a writer when find old Persian words from your Apologetics curriculum and think, “No one would know if I stole this word and used it in my…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Here he is! What do you think?
Cole Avis:

As for your fanfiction, I think it might be okay to post it so long as you credit that it’s based off the Star Wars Universe. 😀 If you still have concerns, I’d ask @aratrea or @daeus about that.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus OK.
@Overcomer If you see an Elizabeth Flournoy on your doc then, that’s me, using one of my sisters’ account because I don’t have one. Just so you’re warned, it’s not an intruding bot or anything. 😉 And since it’s technically yours first, if you want I can wait to beta-read it ’til you’ve already done so, ’cause that’d be totally fine. I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy Sure. You can share Mallory’s doc if you want. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus Ahh, I remember that post! It was intriguing. I’d like to do it, unless you’re already too swamped with beta-readers, in which case I’d still want to just read it. ;P
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Aahh! That does sound disappointing. I like Almanzo well enough, but not to replace the Ingalls. :'(
No, we’re not to Nellie’s marriage yet, but I’m pretty sure it’s in this season (which you probably know, which is probably why you asked. ;P). I can certainly imagine it would be funny.
A NEW FAMILY moves into the Ingalls’ house?!…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Alternatives to flashbacks? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight I think one big thing that makes flashbacks seem cheesy is when the chapter before the flashback ends with something like, “he remembered the time thirteen years ago when blakedy blank blank…” If you can avoid that, it should really help.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Again, I have NO idea who she will be. She might be human, she might be creature……… *shrug*
Would you WANT me to tell you who she is?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Why, thank you! Larik is one of my favorites, too.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking 😀 😀 XD I know that phase. Where you’re half still there, in the world of the book, gasping and flailing. Calamity is especially strong in that aspect. Where you can’t believe what just happened. The ending is like….*eyes wide with mouth open*
😀 The Reckoners was really an awesome series.
*spoilers for Calamity ahead for…[Read more]
-
ClaireC and
Ethryndal are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal @jane-maree *runs in panting* I hear the word “Reckoners,” I come running. 😀 I just finished Calamity yesterday. I’m still in the wandering-around-in-a-book-daze faze. *flailing* *book dazed-ness*
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec I had some extra time yesterday, so I decided to give your character a go. 🙂

- Load More
