@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Friday is here! That means there’s only a few days left before the Tuesday newsletter goes out! Want to get your advice in before then? Drop it here!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Let me introduce myself… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, I haven’t seen Hamilton either. I just…obsess over the soundtrack. Les Mis is a cool musical. I’ve really only seen the movie once, and it made me cry so much that I vowed never to watch it again.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello all! I’m just gonna put a list of my characters down below, and y’all can draw whichever one you want. Or none of them. Guess that’s fine too.
Evyn~ the princess of my little kingdom. She’s probably seventeen or so, but she looks a bit younger. Roundish face, light brown hair, and hazel eyes. She’s got a tiny scar above her mouth, kinda…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Let me introduce myself… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello there! @pickupyourpenandwrite Your name reminds me of a song from the musical Hamilton…have you ever heard of it?
Welcome to KP! I hope you enjoy your time here!
-
Daeus posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi,
Since you started two threads on show don’t tell, I immediately thought of you for this. It’s a bit of a big request, but it could be of real benefit to you too.
As you know, I’m working on part 2 of The Show Dont’ tell Course. Well, I’ve now got all the scripts for the lessons and all the homework written. A few people…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Let me introduce myself… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@pickupyourpenandwrite That makes sense; I’ve been there as well in the past. Do you have a clear idea on what parts of your story you need to improve on?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Let me introduce myself… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@pickupyourpenandwrite 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
What’s your favorite genre of literature to read?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, okay. See you later! Thanks for hanging out!! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’ve never read HOND. What’s it like? 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Anyway, I need to be off! I have a presentation tonight.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I’m glad you’re looking forward to it!
Yep, Charles Dickens. The Hunchback of Notre Dame…now that was a singular book.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Of course I don’t mind! Do you feel like answering the questions I asked Jenwriter17? I could always do with another opinion!
(Thanks, you made me smile! I’m currently planning/outlining the sequel, and I’m so excited about it! This one is A Tale of Two cities retelling).
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I can’t wait to read it!!! 😀
…Didn’t Victor Hugo write Tale of Two Cities? Oh, no, that was Charles Dickens. Hugo wrote The Hunchback of Notre Dame XD
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, Les Mis is awesome! Definitely one of my favourite books ever. I’ll be needed beta readers once I’m done with the second draft, I’ll try and remember to ask you personally. The sequel, which is the book I’m currently planning, is A Tale of Two Cities retelling.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Totally 😛
AWESOME! I’m reading Les Mis right now, and I really like it! I really want to read yours when I’m finished 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I feel like writing all my books in first person now!
Yes, it is indeed!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice BTW, isn’t your NaNo book a retelling of Les Miserables?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Sorry I’ve taken so long to get back to you! Thank you for that lovely post, it made me smile so much 😀 I’ve got a few more questions, if you’re happy to answer them! I’ll write them all out soon, hopefully.
Most important question though: Should Justice and Chessy end up together?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I KNOW! I LOVE how close I’m feeling to my MC! It’s a challenge, but it’s so awesome! And I like JUST started rewriting it! XD
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel My NaNo novel was the first major work I’d written in first person and I wasn’t expecting to like it much, but I was really converted. I loved the way it made me feel so much closer to my characters, like I actually was the character!
😉
- Load More

@inkling-for-christ Thanks so much! If you can just go ahead and contact me then at daeus(at)thescratchingquill.com, that will let me email you the lessons.
@inkling-for-christ Sure, you can post it here if you’d like or email me. Either way.