@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @sam-kowal @kate-flournoy @jenwriter17 @rochellaine @jane-maree @catwing @aislinn-mollisong @ethryndal @everyone-else
WELLLLLL, forget my hiatus!! I was talking about it with my mom earlier and she (being the superhero she is) led me to realize that if I rid my life of Kingdom Pen, I’ll simply fill that empty…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Okay! I’ll write an article!! Not sure about the book though XD
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin No, your response wasn’t confusing at all! Very helpful, actually. 👍Thank you for all your advice, I have been considering a pen name….
@gh24682468999 Thank you too!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Ha. I actually have a KP Cinema video about cliches in dystopian novels coming out sometime this month. xD So a lot of my “advice” would be in there. I wouldn’t say oppressive governments are cliched because they’re required for that genre, but I would recommend studying classic dystopias like Animal Farm, Fahrenheit 451, Brave New…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
First, congrats on being almost ready to publish! That’s awesome 😀
I’ve had a blog for a little over a year now. What was surprising was how difficult it was to actually get people to read and comment on my blog. I had to go around and comment on other peoples’ posts and leave a link to mine. I learned that you have to foster…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi, all! I know I kinda recently created a new topic asking y’all the cliches of sci-fi, but this topic is a little different. I’m thinking of writing a dystopian novel. I know this genre can be pretty heavy on the cliches, so my questions is ‘what are the cliches of this genre?’
I know the whole oppressive government thing is kinda cliche, and I…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Since I’ll be self-publishing a short novella I wrote over the summer of 2017, I plan on getting an author website/blog up in the spring. I’ve done tons of research, but nothing is like advice directly from people I know who actually have a blog. What were some things that were unexpected? Challenges? Time commitment? And I’d love to know if you…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I’m sorry that I misinterpreted you! I’m glad we’re in agreement on this. I’ll attempt to explain it all better as I revise it. And yes, I definitely tried to portray Justice as unhealthily obsessed with his country (at this point, he doesn’t believe in God, no).
Yes, that all made sense! And no, I don’t believe that all…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
😀 @jane-maree, do you have a picture?
-
Joy replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec LOL @jane-maree Also kissed a frog, I think
8<
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
lol
A heartless queen of hearts. Haha! -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks so much for answering those questions!
I like the point you raised about revolution. I don’t like war or fighting at all, but I would never call myself a pacifist. I believe there is a time and a place for war, and I believe that one of the reasons we should fight is to protect those who cannot protect themselves. at the…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal. This topic has become surprisingly gruesome… except for the lovely froggie kiss. Please note my lips aren’t actually touching his. I wouldn’t put my lips on something I wouldn’t touch with my fingers. He’d been living in formaldehyde solution for a long time!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
He didn’t turn into a prince. This didn’t make sense till I later found out ‘he’ was a female.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
The fish’s brain!!!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
You definitely may read it! I’d love to hear your thoughts 😀
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
“Disturbingly fascinating”. That’s a great way to describe it! I dissected a frog yesterday…
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Calling all artists! in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks, @gabbyj. It’s great! 🙂
- Load More

Also, @aislinn-mollisong Xonos is back. Can you show him the stick-Kapeefers PLEEEASE? 😀 😀
Yay! Congratulations on your new resolutions. 😉
😀 Okay. Well, excellent. *stops panicking*
I’m glad you’re not leaving us! Also, I like your new profile picture!
That’s such a great idea to commit more time to prayer!