@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree @sam-kowal Lol, I love David’s metaphors. I cracked up at the “you’re like a potato” part with Megan.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Umm… is it an interesting textbook? 😉
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, about halfway. D’Artagnan just found Aramis meeting with Superior of the Jesuits and the Cure of Montdidier. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal I had to read Tale of Two Cities for school. I recently finished York by Laura Ruby and Merlin’s Blade by Robert Treskillard. It’s really cool ’cause my family used to go to church with Mr. Treskillard.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Thank you! I will keep all these things in mind.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel This could be a good place to talk about great books and book recommendations, too.
Recently, I’ve read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson, and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
-
SeekJustice and
pickupyourpenandwrite are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Its fun, isn’t it? I like talking in an Irish accent 🙂
Funnily enough, only one main character (and the antagonist) die.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
Oppressive governments aren’t necessarily a cliche, they’re actually a requirement (or less, a complete lack of government), some cliches though would be:
MC is “different” (Divergent, maybe? ;P)
Rebellions ALWAYS work
Communist or Socialist governments. Any type of government can go wrong, so you could try exploring something…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, Thank you! She looks great. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I think this is a cool idea! I’m like @sam-kowal though; hopefully I’ll remember this while I’m reading.
Anyway, I’m reading Centurion’s Wife and Creating Character Arcs. I kinda want to finish The Centurion’s Wife by the end of this coming week, but I’m only halfway.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin I really like your pen name! I think you look like an Audrey too, but I may think that just ’cause that’s the only name I’ve ever known you by 😉
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel 😀 This is a great idea. The problem with me is that I get sort of immersed in the things I’m reading and don’t pay attention to anything else.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Good idea… except that I read too much! 😀
But, anyways, I’m reading The Three Musketeers.
-
Joy replied to the topic Thirteen Plus Five in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Makes sense. I’ll see if I can make it more clear 🙂
-
Joy started the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, Kapeefers!
So I had this idea where we could have something just like the Writers’ Corner, except with reading instead of writing. I don’t know if it’s a good idea, or if it will be as successful as the WC, but I’m going to give it a shot.
Here you can chat with other people while you’re reading, just like in the WC. And it will keep you…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Thirteen Plus Five in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Haha, thanks! I’m glad you liked it!
Do you think you could tell me (or show me) where you were confused about who was talking? Feel free to point them out in comments and I’ll change them! Or just tell me here X)
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 acutally…neither Audrey nor Caylin is part of my real name *hides* I did that because my real first name AND middle name are always misspelled and mispronounced. So my mom and I came up with something totally different, thus Audrey Caylin. (Though I definitely feel I look like an Audrey and my mom did almost name me “Carly,” thus…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Thirteen Plus Five in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Hehe, IKR. I like Kirk, but I hate how romantic he is.
Like, DUDE, CAN’T YOU JUST STICK TO ONE GIRL AND CUT IT OUT?!?!
- Load More


