@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose @dragon-snapper @catwing @aislinn-mollisong @seekjustice @writers
I’m making notes for an article…/Getting distracted and reading my haikus XD
-
Joy replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Have you ever heard the Finding Dory soundtrack? It’s AMAZING
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder If you haven’t checked out the Writers’ Corner yet, you should do it! Kinda get a feel about what kind of topic this is, ya know.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose I’m going to sign out now. I only wrote 695 but I’m happy with that because these beginning scenes aren’t particularly easy to write. Bleh. Anyway, see you around! 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yeah! It’s much better than I’ve been doing. I started a new novel recently, and beginning the first ten chapters is like writing in a puddle of molasses. This dangerous writing app is helping me get over it. 😉
*adds a bowl of ice cream to the grave of the lost words* Let us respect those words who sacrificed themselves for the…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well that’s a tiny gif. XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Well, 590 to my novel. I’ve done other experimenting too so I’d guess a thousand or so in all. Although…I did this one mode and I lost like 300-400 words. AGH!!!!!!! They were good words too. Ah well, I guess this is why it’s called the Most Dangerous Writing App.

-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yeah. It’s pretty intense. XD When I stopped writing for a sec, everything got faded and red. Yikes.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose It’s called The Most Dangerous Writing App. Basically, you write for 5 minutes straight without stopping. If you stop, it deletes everything you wrote. In my first test session, which was basically incoherent stuff–nothing to do with stories–I wrote nearly 400 words in 5 minutes, which is almost 5,000 words an hour. 0.0
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yeah! I need some to. I’m testing a new writing app, so I might not respond immediately, every five minutes or so. 😀 What are you working on?
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’d thought I’d pop in here and join the discussion. 🙂
I’m one of those weird writers who don’t like to listen to music while I write, I find it too distracting. However, I like to listen to music before I write because it inspires me. The type of music I like best for that are tunes that remind me of my WIPs. Here are some of my fav…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec You’re welcome! As a manga artist, this was a challenge. But I enjoyed it 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder @jenwriter17 @sam-kowal @supermonkey42
Wait, hang on, this isn’t what I meant, actually. You know in the Writers Corner, you sign in when you’re currently writing and chat with others? That’s what this is. You sign in, talk about what you’re currently reading at that moment, talk about life, etc.
Sorry!
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 If your blog is mostly text, WordPress would probably be fine for you (even if you included post graphics, it’d still take a while for the memory to be used up). My blog is image heavy so that’s why it wasn’t right for me. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking Wow! Your synopsis sounds exciting! 😃 Do you have a title for the book?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder XD Nice. That sounds like something I would dive into eagerly, and then…slowly…get tired…of.
@jenwriter17 That is super cool! XD I would love to have gone to church with an author, just because of all the writing questions I could have asked in the parking lot. I haven’t heard of Merlin’s Blade, but I think I’ll go look it up 😉
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
I have a collage to unleash upon the world! MWAHAHAHA!!!! *lightning flashes in the background (even though it’s sunny out)*
Meet Newman Holt, the MC of a story I shall write someday. He’s an older gentleman who’s way too content with life to go on an adventure… until he becomes the heir of a pirate ship.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I didn’t notice the change in style, actually. Except for the fact that there was more going on and less internal monologue. There are still pieces of narration that seem to go on for too long, mostly in the first half. To streamline things more, you could have the narrator only talk about things that directly pertain to what’s…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Sounds… informative. 🙂 I was recently reading about the rise of capitalism in the industrial revolution, and it was interesting to see how it evolved into its current form.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder 🙂 Well, I guess you can tell us about it if you want
- Load More
