@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered And me with the Wingfeather Saga!
You know you’re a bookworm when you start talking like the characters in a book
*coughjaneaustencough*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered I do the same!
You know you’re a bookworm when one book ends in a major cliffhanger and you’re legitimately mad at the author ’cause the sequel isn’t out yet.
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Huh! Well that’s a great example of a happy accident X) A really great one!
By now I’m thinking I should probably watch the Les Mis musical. Everybody says it’s awesome XD
Where do you live, if you don’t mind answering that? 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@Amily-Huddleston Yay for Faramir and Jean Valjean! Two of my all-time favorite characters as well. And Les Miserables is the best. My favorite book.
Welcome to KP! 😀
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
Saving up for the Realm Makers writing conference in July. So far: $68.09. Goal: approx. $500……..I’ve got a long ways to go. Any money-making ideas would be appreciated.:)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal I’ve thought about getting up to pace while reading before, but I didn’t want my family asking me why I was pacing, ’cause it would ruin the suspenseful moment.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I actually liked the title being Blueberria.
btw, I think your ‘moral of the story’ note at the end was funny:)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel *brain sputters as it tries to think* I’m pretty bad at thinking up something on the spot, so I’ll let you know when I think of anymore names (though Seekjustice took care of that!) or descriptions.
I like your last drawing!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths @skredder phew! thank you both
@mariposa Thank you! eyes are a lot of fun to do.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Aw, I’m sorry you had to sell your horse.
My guinea pigs names are S’more (or Moe as a nickname) and Rhino (after the hamster in the Bolt movie). what are your dogs names/breeds?
professional soccer is lots of fun to watch!!! If you wanna follow European leagues, I would recommend following the team Manchester United. Thats who…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, I like the way it’s spelled. It’s looks like it would be pronounced sort of like “skadoosh” from Kung Fu Panda though XD
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-Huddleston Ooh, paper making? That sounds cool! I don’t ride horses or anything, but I love watching old westerns. Do you like westerns?
-
Joy replied to the topic Making Up Words in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@princessfoo It does! Let’s see… Names of trinkets…
Whenever my brain is working, I’ll hopefully come back with some more names 😉
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Cool! I love the first and last drawings especially. I really like how you do the hair and eyes! ❤️
-
Joy replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia Ahh, uhh, well… Yes. I am positive. It sure looks like a Dekreel, but it’s not 😉
Actually it’s important to note that I was actually named Dekreel after a historian who had also survived being a Chasm Beast. Legend has it that he looked like a bipedal wolf with a cat’s tail……. So that drawing is what he would have looked like. And…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec *whispers back* Everybody says “bestistest!”
“Bestest place in Cyberspace” is my trademark welcome greeting. I’m not saying “bestistest place on the internet” isn’t awesome though, because it is. Billions of times more awesome than my greeting.
But it doesn’t rhyme! XD Thus, I brainstormed the rhyme: “Bestest place in Cyberspace” ;…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine 😀 This is a great topic.
Not really an un-famous person, but:
It is the writer who might catch the imagination of young people, and plant a seed that will flower and come to fruition.Â
-Isaac Asimov
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 You know you’re a bookworm when the tensest, most heartbreaking moments of a book make you get up and start pacing around the room, and the severe losses make you physically start banging the floor.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
I’m a writer of mostly fantasy, but your WIP sounds awesome 😀 C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien are two of my favorite authors as well. It’s great to have you, a realistic fiction writer is somewhat unique over here where fantasy and sci-fi are really popular.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel The first one… Tragim
The second… Caicurog
The third… Dekrezvesch
As for descriptions, hmm.
Slasizch
Slasizch is a massive, hulking, bug eyed beast. He actually looks truly terrifying- like a giant crustacean from the ocean, with a carapace and massive claws that could crush cars in their grip. He makes a high-pitched…[Read more]
- Load More

@jenwriter17 Oh boy, yeah. The Realm Makers thing is a lot isn’t it. I’d like to go eventually, so I’m trying to come up with money-making ideas too.
You could ask your parents or family friends if there’s extra work you can do around the house for funds.
@dragon-smapper yeah, it’s $299 (regular price 300 something) if you’re 17 or under, so this is the only year I could get that discount. I don’t know how old you are, but they have special events for the teens too. we also have to pay for a chaperone, ’cause it’s required for teens. And there’s gonna be books for sale, so……$$$
When you say…[Read more]
Well, I would love to go every year–although I’ve never been. XD. But I’ll probably go next year, because by then, I’ll have my trilogy ready for pitching, and I’ll be older, and I’ll (most importantly) have saved up enough money. 😀
@jenwriter17
@dragon-snapper yeah, two agent/editor sessions are included when you sign up!!! I’m hoping to have my WIP ready by July (yikes, I hope I can get it done in time). Good luck on your trilogy!
Yes, money must be made. 😉
Really! That’s excellent.
I was afraid I was going to have to pay a lot extra. Lol. We writers are so broke.
Thank you! And good luck on your WIP. 😀