@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m not sure it matters so much. Maybe read the Silmarillion first, but I wouldn’t say it’s super important.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Preserving History in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Great idea! I’ve been thinking about doing this as well, because my grandpa can trace our family history back to the the first settlers who came to America from Ireland and it would be nice to have it written down.
I agree with @seekjustice on the relaxed writing style. I find that historical books written in a storytelling-type v…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel You mean there are writers who don’t know about Kingdom Pen?! 😉
You know you’re a Kapeefer when the newest KP Cinema video is the highlight of your day.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a bookworm when you can’t stop laughing at a joke a character made, then you look up and realize your sister thinks you’re laughing at her.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Chasm Beasts in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel 😀 Thanks!
Stan is scared of them, though. So I didn’t show them to him. XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Yeah, I’m kind of holding up the line here, too. Catch you later!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Well, yeah. I mean, I’m not crazy about it. But I do enjoy watching it
Why don’t you like it?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I think I will!
gotta go now. good luck on editing and stuff. ’twas delightful chatting with you, m’dear 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel okay, cool!
um…..NO! def not my favorite sport. you like football?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Great!
Hmm… I dunno… I think the descriptions and the “sensing and feeling” aspect would have to be slightly different, but I’m no expert. You should make a topic on it! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Okay. A little cheesiness is okay; my family watches a lot of old movies/shows. 🙂
quick question: do you think switching to a third person pov would work in a mainly first person pov story?
-
SeekJustice started the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
So, it’s been a few years since I read the Lord of the Rings and I want to do a reread of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit but I also want to read the Silmarillion for the first time. The question is: should I reread and then read the Silmarillion or read the Silmarillion first?
@daeus @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @ethryndal @aratrea anyone…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Um… well the classic series (1960s-80s) would be fine when there are children watching, if that’s what you mean, but it’s hard to find. The current series (2005-present) is more easily accessible, but it’s also more action packed with a bit more language
I would recommend the classic series more than the current series. It’s so…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â I LOVE manga! Go for it!
… Why… don’t you like football?
-
Joy started the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, I did it…..
You know you’re a Kapeefer when you start randomly asking your friends if they like writing just so you can rant about this AMAZING website called Kingdom Pen…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
K, I’ll do my best! I’ll be probably getting started on it tomorrow; my family is watching the Super Bowl and I hate football, so I’ll be sketching, outlining and what not then. 😊
Sorry, one last question: is it okay if it’s kinda manga style? that’s just what I’m used to, but if you’d rather not have it like that, then that’s okay.
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Ohh, that’s right — You already said you were from Idaho *bops own head*
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Natural highlights
It doesn’t matter if the picture is in color or not. Mostly I just want the face and hair shape figured out 😉
Juuuuust checkin’ X)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel ooh, sounds interesting! Is it good to watch with my family?
writing fanfic sounds fun!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Oooh, those are cool!
Doctor Who is a science fiction TV show. It’s really cool! But if you ever start watching it, don’t start in the middle, or you will, almost guaranteed, get confused about what’s going on. Start with the first season of Chris Eccleston (one of the guys who played the Doctor)
But yeah, I’m writing a fanfic…[Read more]
- Load More
