@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kballen Nice indeed — I’m still going with “bestest place in Cyberspace” ;D
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Huzzah! Wow, 1397 awesome words?! Good for you! 😉Sometimes breaks can do wonders.
Three cheers for our kapeefer family!
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’ve never read Silmarillion, but I would definitely choose LotR first anyway. XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 @perfectfifths I am considering joining!
I found a “Young Writers Online” thing. Is that the same thing? Do I have to meet certain requirements to join the forums?
What is the community like there? I’m asking this because I don’t want to walk into the forums looking like a weirdo XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel It’s awesome isn’t it!
XD I might or might not have done that. Especially with some sort of dramatic music playing in the background?
You know you’re a writer when you talk to your character as you draw them, or scream at them, telling them to let you draw their nose or else… or else… or else you’ll kill them off!
But it’s an…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I mean, there are writers, and then there are Kapeefers…
So this is like “You know you’re on Kingdom Pen when…”
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper “Mii.” Ohh, do I love that word
You know you’re a writer when you almost cry while daydreaming up a dramatic and sad story idea
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@SeekJustice I agree with Emma, and recommend reading LotR first. As the Silmarillion is, basically, a history of Middle-Earth, not really a novel, I think having the other stories first and foremost in your mind would make it a bit easier to digest.
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you make Miis of your character on your Wii.
You know you’re a writer when you miss your character after a few days of not writing.
You know you’re a writer when you say things mainly because it’s a good line.
You know you’re a writer when basically everything in life goes back to writing applications.
You know…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well you all are geniuses.
I mean really. I’ve been struggling with this stuck-ed-ness for months.
I took a five day break.
SO WHY DIDN’T A TAKE A BREAK SOONER!
I went back to writing today after missing it…for once XD… and wrote 1397 words that I actually like in one sitting.
So yeah. I LOVE WRITING AGAIN AND THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42Â Wellll, the words “writer” and “Kapeefer” are actually two different things *shrug*
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine this was very helpful; i don’t mind the length of the post 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder okay, I’ll keep that in mind
@supermonkey42 thanks for the link!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus *Eyes widen in shock* *Stan roars like all the raspberries on earth are gone*
You don’t like The Secret Garden or Starship Troopers?
How alarming. What about that opening scene from Troopers? With bombs exploding, soldiers para… um, capsuling I guess… onto a planet full of aliens and destroying stuff?
I must admit, those two book…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m actually doing something very similar in my WIP. It’s working well for me so far.
This may help:
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@SeekJustice Hey, good idea! Good question too, and I’d actually recommend reading LotR first. The Silmarillion is meant more for someone who’s already quite familiar with Tolkien’s world, I think. The books specifically. It won’t make a ton of difference either way though. You’d appreciate both more after having read the other, so there’s not…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
With my current WIP, I wanted to have three third person POVs. But as I’m continuing to outline and piece the plot together, I’m thinking that it really only needs one main POV. I really love first person, so that was what I was gonna do. But there is another character that I wanted to be a POV character. My question is: would it seem right in a…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel pretty much ’cause it stops too many times, it doesn’t keep my attention. I’m not fond of some of the players’ cockiness either.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 🙂 I know what you mean. That’s exactly what happened to me. My brother was like… ‘Bro, what on earth?’
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston 😀 You too. *passes out platters of pizza*
- Load More
