@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel @notawriter Cool! thanks!
@princessfoo Thanks so much for your input! No, Rin doesn’t fall in love with the soldier guy (his name is Jax). I’d rather not include romance in my novels. They become friends though. Just friends 😊
-
Joy replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â It sounds really cool!
The only thing cliche I see about it (putting it next to the video on Dystopian novels) is the fact that the main character is a teenage girl
I’m no expert on the Dystopian genre, so I might be worng…
But still, I would read it 😉
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@mariposa Thank’ee! *curtseys*
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Can you send me the link to your Ember doc again? It disappeared mysteriously…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
oh, here’s a collage too…

-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@jane-maree @dragon-snapper @dekreel @mariposa @aratrea @sam-kowal @daeus @anyone else
Okay, y’all…..
I’ve gotten together a rough blurb of my dystopian novel. very. rough. Lemme know what you think:
Independent teen Rin Adachi lives with the Outcasts. Those tossed aside by the government and society as unfit for city life. The diseased, the…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
Happy Library Lovers month! (yes, it’s a legit holiday. seriously.) Library Lovers day is on February 14th! ❤
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel oh my goodness! 🤣
@notawriter lol, for sure
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ingridrd that’s okay, I would have said yes anyway. 😉
*gasps* so. good. I love the way you did her hair! thanks so much! and I really like how you wrote her name too 😊
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ingridrd Thanks! 🙂
@daughteroftheking Ooh! That quote is intriguing. 👍🏻
@dragon-Snapper The series is like Jurassic Park, except with a creationist worldview. There’s no time travel in this series, but the series I’m working on now (it also has dinosaurs 🦖😋), has time travel. 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Andrew Murray On Prayer in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 That’s neat 🙂
I’ve read a little of Andrew Murray before, although not much, and thought he wrote about faith and prayer very well.
I’ll see if I can find a copy of On Prayer sometime soon. That may have actually been what I read awhile ago, I’ll have to look back into it to remember
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a kapeefer when you spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to think of a kapeefery thing that you do (That hasn’t already been said!) and then feel bad because you couldn’t
Well, you invented the word “Kapeefery!” That’s something XD
You know you’re a Kapeefer when all of a sudden you start loving the name Josiah…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a bookworm when you try to find themes in everything, not just books
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I know — It’s creepy *rubs head* X)
@notawriter I did actually consider that! I’ll leave it to someone else to add the raspberries
@perfectfifths Oh, my indeed 83
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Oh my! XD
-
Gracie replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Unfortunately, I have not read The Screwtape Letters. Yet. I have a copy waiting patiently in my shelf though.  XD Eek! I’ve wanted to read The Mysterious Benedict Society for years! But, yeah. Still haven’t gotten round to it. 😅
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 8 years, 7 months ago
@jess-penrose Yes–that looks great! Depending on the plot/genre of your story, it may be interesting to also have an answer that you can lose your right to freedom if it’s for the greater good of society. (I’m thinking of times of crisis where citizens or soldiers may be coerced to do things because otherwise the nation may be overrun.) That sort…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
*dies*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Henceforth, I shall have to be careful when I get on camera.
-
J.A. Penrose replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 8 years, 7 months ago
Oooooh, yes, that is a very good idea.
I ended up asking a variety of variants of my FQ to people at school today, and the one that seemed to cause the most uncertainty was, “What does it take for a person to lose their right to freedom?” (pretty similar to your suggestion actually!) So, I think that I may go with that.
Theme:…[Read more]
- Load More

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M9wPbE-ElWr1tqtDjqACHUxumE_sj25pTx-bLkvwX7s/edit?usp=sharing
Here ya go! Unfortunately, the chat has broken somehow. So….yeah. But I finshed chapter three!