@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@deaus *raises hand* *jumps up and down a little* That’s why I want to be published! With the depressing amount of “fluff” books in the YA section at my library, I think more books with a real positive messages would be great. Really, teens are less “edgy” and “angst-y,” and more hungry for positive messages in their lives. I don’t think I would…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m leaving for now, but I think I’ll be on a little later. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Yeah, I know it’s everywhere…
Right, I listen to a lot of Christian music, too. But my favorite thing right now to listen to is instrumental music. Especially new age music.
I love TobyMac! He’s one of my favorite singers! Which is your favorite album? Mine is This is Not a Test. Have you ever listened to Switchfoot or…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi there! I’m readin’ my history book 😐 anyone on to join me?
@warrenluther04 @rochellaine @dekreel @dragon-snapper @mariposa @skredder @sam-kowal @clairec
-
Daeus replied to the topic Beta Students Needed for Mini Course in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aratrea I can do it.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I definitely would! I dream of having a well known book, not for my own glory, but one that has a Christian message but is well written so more readers are interested.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@skreeder ooh, that’s awsome! I love the colors! 😊
@rochellaine hmm, okay, thanks for telling me 👍
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I completely agree with you! I love the Harry Potter series, and I think it has a lot of positive themes. I’ve no problems with the HP books, and simply mentioned them because @princessfoo had. Really great thoughts there!
The Twilight books, however, are completely empty of any positive themes. I mentioned that they’re for…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Never.
XD Just kidding. Of course I do!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus me.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You’re right. When I think culture, I think of it on a grander scale, and with an emphasis on the mental/spiritual ways books challenge us to think and act. On that note, you’re right–the Twilight and Hunger Games books present a number of smaller issues that were only escalated due to their popularity. @princessfoo
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
*sighs* Gryffindor, hm? Guess I could tolerate that. Not as cool as Slytherin, but still cool…
Anyway. I just started listening to Imagine Dragons, but I really like them. What’s your favorite song? I think mine is Thunder, I can’t resist singing it when it comes on. @ashlyvye
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo As far as cultural impact goes, I’m not sure Twilight or the Hunger Games series had much to give. They were popular, but empty. More for entertainment purposes than to present food for thought.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
*raises hand*
-
Daeus started the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi friends,
I wanted to do an informal survey. How many of you want to impact the culture with your writing?
I’ve got a follow-up question, but I’ll wait till you answer this one. 😉
@dragon-snapper @seekjustice @catwing @dekreel @sam-kowal @that_writer_girl_99 @clairec @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @kaya-young
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello My name is in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@aedesia Welcome to KP!
What do you like to write?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello there @ashlyvye! Welcome to KP. If you have any questions about where to find something on the site, feel free to ask!
Ooh, you like Harry Potter? Do you know which house you’d be in? *crosses fingers and hopes for Slytherin*
-
Joy and
Bella B. are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Quick Announcement in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Well, for me, it’s price… I don’t have a job yet and there are other things I need to be able to pay for…
But also, it’s mainly that you’ve already helped me so much with show don’t tell just by working with me on my book. 😛 So… there’s not much demand on the Snapper side of things. (Unless you were to beta-read all my books. Lol)
- Load More
