@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper, uuuuuummmmmmmm.
yeah.
I’m not going to be much help with this, cause I do the same thing.
One of the things I’ve found helpful is, like @daeus said, insert hope. Your characters should be driven by their goals.
Unless your MC is like mine, who is just plain hurting and miserable, and kind of takes it out on everyone else.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart KP videos… Well I really like the How to Write the Worst ….. Ever series, so definitely watch those. They don’t have to be in order (for the record, my two favorites are Allegory and Dystopian. The former is when the word “Kapeefer” got started)
Sooo… Long story short, it doesn’t matter where you start just WATCH THEM ALL!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Actually he said “mid back,” not mid black X)
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀 😀 😀 Wow.
That is super epic XD.
That’s my official Raspberry Song now.
*walks outside looking for raspberries*
*There’s no raspberries*
*:(*
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@introvert_girl 😀 *wheeeeeee* Stan is super, super thrilled
Okay, so, can Stan fly) Nope. Sadly, because his wings are small and stubby. He can jump very well though.
How big is he) He’s actually gotten smaller over time (sorry, Stan, I know that’s not what you want to hear.) I picture him about the size of a large armchair.
What color is he)…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper If the problem is just that your story seems too dismal, make sure there’s always an element of hope mixed in with the chaos and strive to focus on your characters’ yearnings/ambitions that drive them forward. If you’ve got that all down, I bout your story could be too dismal. Problems tend to intensify stories. It’s only stories…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart She has a really draconic, funny way of looking at the world. Stan is a fan of her 😀
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper do you mean on a scene to scene basis, like too much reacting, or just in general when you’re describing emotions? Just having one emotion indicator can help, like if your character is scared, only mentioning her rapid heartbeat rather than her wide eyes, her rapid heartbeat, and her clammy hands.
I think it’s still fine to have…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
That dolphins, dolphins, are the greatest creatures EVER and DO NOT BOTHER DENYING IT
😀 Yes… they’ve always seemed a bit arrogant, haven’t they?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Is this problem arising in the current story you’re working on, or all of them as a whole? Because child, I’m almost finished reading your book, and I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about. If anything, I was going to say that you need to focus more on the emotion, not less. Is this a response from beta-reader feedback, or…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Alrighty, guys…
I could use some help on this front. I’ve learned pretty well over the past few months how to show and not tell, but I actually am using that too much.
Don’t get me wrong. Always show over tell, but my problem is that I’m focusing way too much on the emotion. And Ike… Zelaya, they’ve all gone dismal.
How do I refocus my…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart yeah I run into a lot of INFJs (or similar types) in the writing world. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Out of season NaNoWriMo update in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c HANNAAAAHH! Hi and welcome back!
Ooh, yikes, I’m so glad you’re okay. 🙂
Comical autobiography… that sounds hilarious. 😛 Is it about you?
Up to?
Up to much mischief, my dear friend…
I finished my third novel, working on the fourth now. Also started a blog, the link of which you can find down there in ze signature.
I also…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal *cracks knuckles* @daeus I had to tag you too. XD
Challenge accepted. Raspberries. Go.
Frozen Raspberry
Bland,
And the gray of night,
Shivering hands.
No light.
I couldn’t fight,
Tasteless.
I couldn’t write…
Numbness.
Why?
A question…
A question for the sky.
Of this evil infection?
Why the gray,
Does…[Read more]
-
0-0Enyali0-0 replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
walks in from the shadows, spots you
“HEYYYYYYYYY ARIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!”
Glad to see you’re on here @ariella-newheart!! (sorry in advance that my user-tag is super confusing to type, haha).
Same @lady-iliara, I don’t normally get on KP… it takes two minutes for every page to load… 🙁
-
Joy and
Louise Fowler are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, yeah. 😛
I didn’t think so, which is why I stopped at four verses. But now I want to try – it just may take longer.
Hole, thread, cut, sharpen, stone, water, well… Oh, I know, it gets too late to go to the well, so you have to sleep. With what shall I sleep with? With a blanket! There’s a hole in my blanket! XD
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
Read An eBook week is coming up on March 2nd! Challenge yourself by reading a whole ebook in one week!
- Load More
