@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Snapper replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Thankee. *bows* Well, I tried incorporating small ‘good’ things and it’s been a lot let dismal lately. I think I just let Ike gnaw on dismal’ness’ for too long. XD
@sarah-anson I really like the italicized bit you said there. *nods* I agree. Thanks!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
‘Most comely he smiled’ is better
And little Teedletiden he fashioned for the trees
For all of these a city, Letharill, he made
Its glory was established that it should never fade[ I’m unsure about the meter in these last three lines, especially lines 1 and 3.]Maybe instead: ‘And little Teedletiden he fashioned for trees
For all t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien AHH those are great!
Waaaaait, did you copy mine? XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@warrioroftherealm *salutes* Awesome!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@christianna-hellwig @rochellaine @emma-flournoy @that_writer_girl_99
Thanks so much for your suggestions, everyone! Here’s what I have now.
“Oh, stars that remember the firstthings forgotten
How earth and its peoples were early begotten
They looked and beheld through a pane of dark glass
The earth in a swirling, untamable mass
From darkness f…[Read more] -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic When it all seems rather unnerving… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@christianna-hellwing I really like books by Chuck Black, Robert Treskillard, and Douglas Bond. in the way of movies, I like the Marvel movies, the newer version of Karate Kid, and other action packed movies.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@christianna-hellwig Thanks so much! I’ll take a look over this as soon as I get a chance.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal Don’t you know? We INFPs spend our lives in a never-ending existential crisis.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder I’ve seen that movie! Unfortunately I’m pretty sure it’s her last name
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I’m not even going to ask why DYING was the first thing your mind came to… I’m sure it’s some strange INFP thing that I probably don’t want to know about.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Thank you!
@ethryndal LOTR is indeed better than some things. Dying, for instance.
…your kind words are appreciated. You made my heart happy.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@ingridrd Yes it’s a girl. … Can Peregrine be a girl’s name?
@rochellaine That’s funny — I was JUST on that site! Unfortunately I didn’t find names I like :-/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Ha! Well, we’ll see. I’d certainly love to.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Thanks.
Well, you’d better come up with an epic soundtrack for it then. 😉
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Aaaaaand this is why I need to start being more active around here again. I miss stuff like this.
WOOT FOR YOU, @That_Writer_Girl_99. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year! You’ve been a grand addition to our little circle. Thank you for letting me snark at you and beat you up for not liking Lord of the Rings. Bantering with you has been a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Sure, here’s one. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oV9qnLtpy4Cwn8-JFfJaXzOn4A5-yqRBR-AqlFIyYdk/edit?usp=sharing
Yeah, song creation and all that. I probably should have come up with something more original, but in my defense the song creation is the basis for the whole magical system, the last book’s allegorical aspects, and the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @rochellaine Thanks. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Oh hey, could I have it in a doc too? I was going to do it without one, but that sounds a much more efficient option.
I don’t write poetry, but I certainly appreciate good poetry, especially with good cadence. That’s my favorite part.
I read through it, and it’s beautiful, and I do have some metrical suggestions.
Also, I feel compelled…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
*blinks* Okay…my suggestions are in the doc, take from them what you want, disregard all, if you’d like. I had fun reading it, Daeus…you really are talented. That was incredibly well-done!
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine @jenali @epicaddie2 @the-real-kapeefer
Thank you all! 😀
- Load More
