@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello! I’m back to this wonderful pointy topic!
I finally got swords in my novel! Well….they’re practice blunts, but I got to write the word “sword” so I’m pretty happy.
But I don’t know how to teach someone to use it. Has anyone ever written a scene where your MC is taught to use a sword? Because I am rather clueless.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus this sounds fun! I would like to do this…but I’d probably just end up fainting and being incoherent about the awesomeness instead of actually analyzing. I do that sometimes. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Can’t remember exactly. It was either lack of involvement or I didn’t have enough time.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Well, I’m signing off.
Goodnight, KeePers!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Semi-dystopian might work. Although the world’s not falling apart. 😉
To answer your questions:
Third person. Though I have been known to change my mind in the middle of a story. 🙂
The protagonist is a girl. I usually write male protagonists, but this story just felt like it needed a girl.
What’s your his-fic story about?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine A culture-focused time travel story…that sounds like an interesting premise. 😀
Well, the political situation at the time is slightly altered from our present one. It’s what it /could/ be like in a few years. Besides that, the story could be contemporary.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine aw, I can’t join you this time! will you be on Monday?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Well…it’s actually hard to tell at the moment. It’s set in the near future, but it’s not really sci-fi. I don’t know what to call it.
Isn’t it cool how music inspires us like that? 🙂
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Yup! I’m working on the beginning of a story that’s been floating around in my head for a while…
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
. . .Two years later. . .
This was a great idea! Whatever happened to it?
(Yes, I am systematically browsing every page of the 84 pages of KP forum topics. It’s kind of fun, actually.)
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Yay! *lemonade and cheesecake for all*
I definitely prefer “Awestruck to see that in dark the lights dance”.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Steal anything you want. I didn’t make them up, anyway! (Uh….most of them.)
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Here’s my “list” I’ve got going right now. (Basically, I hear a cool name, it goes on the list.)
Girl:
Moya
Finnoula (nickname: Nula)
Moira
Eolee
Molly
Allia
Rosianna
Lara
Lyric
Xarina
Tyra
Boy:
Skandar
Joktan
Aronas
Arden
Thain
Tyrian
Coleman
Jason/Jacen
Orehn
Either:
Storm
Steele and Shield (I was thinking Steele is a…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
“Awestruck to see that in dark the lights dance” @daeus
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Oya, KaPeeFers! I’m WRITING!
Hopefully.
If I don’t get distracted.
Which I probably will.
Oh well.
@sam-kowal @dragon-snapper @ariella-newheart @dekreel @ingridrd
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper I honestly think it’s perfect. I want to write emotions like that!
But I understand why you might be concerned about an overload of cold cloudy grayness. (I can’t seem to get enough of that in…but then again, I’m not to the gray parts yet….anyway.)
I’ll take some examples from my Aislinn Mollisong: Hero! roleplay for this,…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello, KeePers and KaPeeFers! So I’ve been…uh….okay, I’ve been stalking this topic. But now I am posting in this art-filled topic!
And yes, there is a reason.
I would like it if someone drew my MC Amber. She has dark brown hair that goes down to her waist and is just the slightest bit wavy. Her eyes are golden/amber-colored, she is rather…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh, one more question. Do you prefer the ending lines:
“Awestruck to see that in dark the lights dance”
or
“Awestruck to see that in night the lights dance”
???
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Thanks everyone! @emma-flournoy @ariella-newheart @rochellaine
I think I’ve got it now. I’ll come back to this a few months from now to see if I can make any small improvements, but I think it’s generally solid. 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal Have you done mine yet?
- Load More
