@jane-maree
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 909
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dekreel basically what has already been said. I struggle with this too. Especially recently. I found an author whose skill in my chosen genre is so crazily far beyond my own I don’t dare dream I’ll ever reach it.
And much as I hate to admit this, that thought drives me absolutely bonkers.
It’s not that I’m jealous of him, just that I loathe…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel *kindly refrains from ‘petting’ you* God has given you the amazing talent of writing, and what you do with it is between you and Him. No one else. Someone else’s standard of getting published, writing the deepest and most profound character arc ever to grace paper, or writing 58,231.2 words in a day isn’t your problem. No one should look…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel God’s writing a story right here, right now.
When I’ve doubted and struggled (which happens all the time), the only where I can turn is to my favorite (and, tbh, sometimes least favorite) author and say, “I trust you to write this story till its final, marvelous end.”
Now that I’ve done the popular thing and given the best advice I can…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Yes, you are. @ethryndal
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m probably going to regret telling you that…
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Noted. @ethryndal
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Sadly, that is also true. 😂 Though I’m not sure if you people have realized yet that you’re actually fueling aforesaid heartlessness… There is nothing more rewarding for an INTJ than being noted for their stone-faced psychopathic heartlessness. We take immense pride in it.
If you really want to annoy us, call us cuddly…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Off of the amusement we get by teasing INTJs for their heartlessness. @ethryndal
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dekreel *buries her non-poetic head in pillow and groans* I’m working on it… 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 *contemplates all the INFPs she knows* That’s… sadly true. I don’t know how you guys survive.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dekreel Oh honey. I feel ya. I’ve been dealing with self-doubt myself over the past few months, and the conclusion I’ve basically come to is this:
You can’t be better than your best.
We look around at other people’s writing and beat ourselves up because we’re not as good or as ambitious as them, but we can’t even remedy the problem because…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Here’s the thing. I get you, really, really, really understand where you’re coming from. I’ve been in this boat ever since joining KP. It’s funny how easy it is to compare yourself to others, isn’t it? You’re so confident in yourself then one day, boom! your confidence up and walks away. So rude.
Like I said, self-doubt has been a struggle for…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Well, if it’s just a page of fifteen people saying “Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet” or whatever, I might skim it.
-
Joy started the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Heya, Kapeefers. Early warning: this is kind of a deep post
I need some help… Lately I have been seriously self-doubting myself and my ability to write, and comparing myself to other writers.
I write because I love story-telling, not because I want to be published (although that would be kinda cool). I just want to write stories. And I don’t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong YES I WANT TO DRAW EMBER! WOOHOO!
Ahem, sorry. *sheepish grin* I’d like to give it a shot 😀
Ohh, unless you want Ari to do it…
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Ahhh, Oops, my bad X’D
Well, it’s still a good idea XD
@supermonkey42 I’m impressed by you going through all of the archives! Do you read every single post?
-
Daeus replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel This topic is two years old, back when Sarah was still with us.
-
Joy replied to the topic Review my (old) story's prologue in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Sure! Mind putting it in record/suggest/comment mode for us? 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *sigh* Yes, I have done that. It was, of course, painstakingly tiresome, but it needed to be done.
Your story sounds interesting. Very original. *thinks: Why can’t I come up with ideas like that?* 😉
- Load More
