-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Well, my score is not that big, youknow I’m kinda disappointed with it, cause I only got 1354 words written. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 And that is in less than an hour @daeus. *grins happily.* I went a bit past 8/11 as I had an ending spot coming up. Thanks for writing with me though. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Very good. Going now. @daeus See you at 9, um, I mean 11. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Thankfully not, if you mean about the powerful kick. Although when you see them box each other, well…you can guess.
However, having them in out backyard is real. Before the 2009 Black Saturday Bush fires, we use to have a lot of wildlife come in. Echidnas, Lyrebirds, a goanna, *snakes* 🙁 wallabies, wombat, koalas and a whole lot of birds too.…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
@Bluejay do you speak from experience?! 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
😛 We do have rats. *shudders* But thankfully not giant ones. But we do get kangaroos in our backyard occasionally. They look very sweet, but have a powerful kick.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh and I’m only back temporarily. Laptop is still being fixed but as it is the weekend for us, my brother doesn’t need the computer so it is free and hey, I’m dying to write. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Ah! I get it. Kangaroos. *phew* I was a little concerned for a while there. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I meant my time @daeus. I’m ready to write now if you are. Till 9 (your time); 11, mine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*Mad. Responds in gibberish*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Giant rats was what the first explores to Australia thought a Kangaroo was. So I was basically making fun of a few Aussie things while being proud of them. I definitely live in an awesome place.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Aw… I like that one. That’s really sweet. Good job, @Jadamae.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*hysterical snicker* Forget it.
There. The arc is complete. I’ve gone hysterically mad. The end.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*glowers blackly* I write stories, @Daeus. I have no wish to become one.
That would be a great story though… 😉
*sigh* Only a writer…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ha! Believe me @Daeus, I am not about to let a mad scientist anywhere near my precious brain. Thank you very much.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Giant rats!? Ugh… 😉 I’ve always envied you guys over there the platypus, though. 😀 Good work on the poem. You listed such a random bunch of stuff, and yet it wove a completely coherent picture. I love it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh and @kate-flournoy, your poem really good. I like it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Okay, I’ll go next. I wrote about my beautiful homeland, Australia.
I’m Proud To Be Australian
By BlueJaySmallest continent in the world,
And yet the biggest island.
Discovered by Captain Cook –
I’m proud to be Australian.The native men all carried spears,
And worked with boomerangs.
Then convicts came and made this home –
I’m proud to be…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thank you @Bluejay.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I think I’m brave enough to have a dare. I’m always looking for new story ideas. *squeezes eyes shut* Okay, dare away.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy sounds kinda scary. But my prayers will be with you. And I know that the out come is in God’s hands.
@daeus I may be around at 10 or 10:30. I’ll tag you if I can write. - Load More
