-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Aliens, in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
@Timothy-Young this is an excellent topic.
I think there are so few Christian scifi stories because Christians are still waking up and coming out of an ‘anything strange is bad’ and ‘all art is sinful’ mindset. That may be a bit harsh, but I think it’s justified. Christians have had lapses and relapses of legalism over the years for a long, long…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Adry_Grace yes, you’re right. I totally agree. When I said first page, I meant it more figuratively than literally. 😉 First page as in the beginning— the first chunk of story we get.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Jadamae I see what you’re saying. It’s been a bit…I couldn’t remember when he discovered it the very first time.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@anna-brie What cabin are you in? Or do you need me to give you my username? I’ve only done this once, so I can’t remember how it all works.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Jadamae I’ve read those books. They’re not my favorite books, but I didn’t think they were too bad.
I didn’t mind him changing shape because it is in a different dimension, so different rules likely apply. And it’s not as if he does it with ease every time. He does have to fight at times, and sometimes the disguise slips because he’s not strong…[Read more]
-
Faith Kindred replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Rats! I missed the voting. 😛 Oh well, I’m afraid I’ll have to sit this one out anyway, but you all have fun with it!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey, that’s awesome @Daeus! Oh, totally don’t let me stop you from watching LotR— I completely don’t mind!
Wow… I envy you. Enjoy it for me. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m writing tonight… as I have said, I am operating on the mental capacity of a baked potato (and the energy quotient of an amoeba) but I can’t stand it any longer. I have to write.
Or at least try to write. 😛
Are you writing tonight?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus good idea.
That is, it would be if I even remembered what I was thinking when I wrote that. I am currently operating on the mental capacity of a baked potato.
I believe, however, that I was referring somewhat to foreshadowing.
And for the rest, I simply meant that the beginning should set up the ending. I should have clarified that— I…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Wow, guys, have fun! I’m afraid I’m going to have to skip this one @Daeus. Life is being its typical annoying self and getting in the way. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
No. That’s not fair. I totally agree with everything @Daeus said. You have my sincerest condolences and sympathies, @Jadamae.
The solution to the climax of every single book should exist from the very first page— and we need to have some sort of inkling of what it is from the very first page. It doesn’t have to be obvious. But it has to be…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus Sorry I didn’t respond until now. I was at a drama workshop all day. 🙂
I suggested Sign of Four because it was the only Sherlock Holmes novel haven’t read yet. However, if the people who haven’t read Sherlock Holmes think reading Sign of Four would be confusing as it isn’t the first novel in the series, then let’s read A Study in…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
If anyone is interested, you can sign up here: https://campnanowrimo.org/sign_in
And here’s the official ‘about’ information: http://campnanowrimo.org/about
If there are people here who are interested, I could set up a Kingdom Pen cabin. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus It’s kind of like NaNo month (where you write a novel in one month…or at least 40,000 words) but there are two camps in the summer. One in May (I think) and one in July. You can set your own word goal, from 5000 words and for the month. Then you can join a ‘cabin’ with ten(?) other writers and you post your word counts each day and there…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann started the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Anyone doing Camp NaNo in July? I decided I was going to, so I’m wondering anyone else is and, if you are, if you have a cabin already or not (I need to find one to join).
-
Greta replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@winter-rose Oops! I meant two month old baby. 😛 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus, I should probably mention that I’ll be gone all of next week, so I won’t be able to participate in discussions next week.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@daeus, The laptop is still not doing what it is meant too, so it has to go back for more fixing, so *sobs miserably* I won’t be able to write for a bit. I’m not sure how long.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@daeus I got 630 written in about 30 minutes. So glad you like my Aussie-ness
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
G’day mate. I’m here. Right, are you ready to bounce into this writing together? @daeus Because I’m ready here in down under. *remember to put on Australian accent to read this* 🙂 Was that Aussie enough for you?
- Load More
