-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
BTW @Daeus I got 1,007 words edited. You?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Well @C-C-Lane, have you been writing, or did you just start? You can count anything you wrote after eight, even if you weren’t specifically racing us.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus yup. Been writing since seven. 😉 Be with you till nine, as always.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Should I do With a Disowned Story? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Look for possible points of conflict in the structure of your world and with your characters, and ask yourself what would happen if those two opposing forces were pitted against each other— or worse, forced to work together against an even greater foe.
-
Greta replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus This is such a cool idea! I’d love to be a part, if I can remember to write characteristics down. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@overcomer I haven’t finished a novel before, so I can’t help much there. Sorry! However, I know exactly how you feel because I’ve felt the same way. I’ve heard that the hardest part of writing a novel is writing the beginning. I don’t know whether you’re a plan-out-the-entire-novel sort of person or a start-from-scratch sort of person or a…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@overcomer *dashes to the rescue* *stumbles over own feet* I’ve written several novels, so let’s see what I can do. *rubs hands and grins*
I like to write chapter by chapter outlines if my work is bigger than a novella. That way you already know how the story is laid out, how it flows, etc. Though even with an outline, don’t worry if parts of…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Characterization study in the forum Characters 10 years, 3 months ago
Yes! Count me in! I already carry around a notebook and pen. And try to watch people. This will help me remember to write down what I observe. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oh you poor thing @overcomer. I’ll see if I can help. I’ve written eight full novels (only four of which are worth mentioning) so I should probably know how to fix this.
Thing is though, I’m not sure I do. 😀
But I shall try.My modus operandi is to sit down and write. So helpful, I know. But I’m NOT an organized person at all, and truth be told…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Well, I’ve never written a novel, but I have done a novelette. Basically there is no wrong way and it will get fixed later. 🙂 I feel it’s just like writing a short story so just go for it.
*stares at post*
That wasn’t much help was it??? I’m too tired to think. I have been playing in the snow. 🙂 We have an awesome hill to sled down and we’ve…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The sign of the four in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Miss Morton is really the model client. She has small things she can present, even though they don’t make any sense to her. She’s kept notes and letters… And she’s calm. Probably calmer than Watson with his jumbled phrases and mixed up medications. 😉 She has a steadying influence on the story. One fairly calm figure amide the other extremes of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Overcomer Mjolnir? How in the name of common sense does one even pronounce that? I tried, and it sounds like my mouth is full of sticky rubber. 😛
And yay for hammer-blows of inspiration! Even if they do inspire you to get up at 12:39 in the morning. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
😀
@Daeus Miracle Max’s retort to Inigo when Inigo asked him if he was the miracle worker Prince Humperdink had fired.
Miracle Max has some great lines. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus ‘Thank you oh so much for bringing up that very painful subject. Why don’t you just go ahead and give me a nice papercut and pour lemon juice on it?’
*hopes you’ve seen The Princess Bride*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus awesome! I didn’t do too well, but I didn’t do too badly either. 859 words edited and some unnecessary material cut.
I’m doing a lot of that. Cutting unnecessary material, that is. Which is very good. I don’t want my final draft to be 500,435 words. *cringe*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus okay. Till nine, as usual.
- Load More
