-
BlueJay replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
The Butterfly Lion
Frindle
Ella EnchantedHas anyone read these books?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@daeus; @kate-flournoy Are either of you two still writing? Cause I can join for half an hour or so.
@clairec Are you writing now? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus ha! No. Despite my profile pic, I detest tabasco sauce. I think the reason I’m writing faster now is because I just got to a part where I was drastically changing the original plot, so I got to cut a ton of unnecessary stuff and just consolidate it all into two or three chapters. Just the knowledge that I was able to chop off a ton of words…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus 287.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus yes, I’m writing until four, and then I’ll be writing as usual in the evening. You want to go till four? Quick twenty minute dash? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus that’s great. Did you get your middle English thing sorted out?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus I have to stop now. I got 1,233 words written, and about five entire chapters cut. *excited squeal* So, I’m pretty happy. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus I’m back. You still writing?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Okay. I’ll see if I can make it work. Five minutes from now I’m taking a break, but I should be done with the break in time to write for at least half of 2:00. I’ll tag you when I start again and if you’re still writing we can go from there.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Doh! I just realized I have to stop in ten minutes. I should be writing for a while after that, though— will you still be working?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus sounds good. *huge grin*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus I’m on. When do you wanna stop?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Don’t be afraid to cut and delete and take out scenes completely. *sighs* It’s so hard sometimes. I’ve had to cut scenes I love, and there’s probably more I’ll need to cut. But if it’s not moving along the story in some way, cut it. And there’s no need to picture it as a complete loss, because not only will the story be tighter, but you’re just…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus oooh, fun! Wow… I’ve always wanted to write a character who spoke middle English because I speak it fluently ( 😛 ), but I’ve never had the opportunity. Have fun with it. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus okay. I got 984 written. I’m trying to slow down and pay attention to the length/spacing of my sentences so they’re an even mix of different lengths. Once I get into the habit it will be easier, but I’m pretty happy with the amount I wrote notwithstanding. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus okay. See ya.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus okay. Tag me when you start.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus ooh wow, fun! Starting a new project is always exciting. I’m writing now— probably will be until 10:50. You on?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus 173 words. You?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
“The pen is mightier than the tomato.”
That’s the best thing I’ve heard in a long time, @Daeus. 😉
And whew, you were up early. Or maybe I was up late… I don’t know. But I can write for about twenty minutes now.
- Load More
