-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus Seeking comfort by trying to comfort someone else, that is so true. With sorrow, probably, but especially with fear. If a girl is afraid, she’ll try to find someone more afraid to comfort, or someone who needs help to help, in an effort to control her own emotions.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus…seeking comfort by trying to comfort someone else, that is so true. With sorrow, probably, but especially with fear. If a girl is afraid, she’ll try to find someone more afraid to comfort, or someone who needs help to help, in an effort to control her own emotions.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Thanks! That is very helpful…I’m fascinated by both the mental and physical side. So, about the physical side…I’m assuming it would be more natural to come from other men? Or would other men be less likely to think of a hug than a mother or sister? And while it’s natural for a mother or sister to hug someone who is suffering, what if it…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus Thanks! That is very helpful…I’m fascinated by both the mental and physical side. So, about the physical side…I’m assuming it would be more natural to come from other men? Or would other men be less likely to think of a hug than a mother or sister? And while it’s natural for a mother or sister to hug someone who is suffering, what if it…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 1 month ago
Orrr Caramin looks cool…especially is someone could trill the ‘r’s out. I envision a world on the more solid, slightly epic side. The only thing that gives me pause is that Caramin sounds like Carman, which is the name of a Christian singer.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument Yes I’ve read that book. And that’s what I thought of when I was reading through just now.
And just to add my two bits worth, not sure if it’s on topic. But you can never lie just once. -
Greta and
Hannah are now friends 10 years, 1 month ago -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
Well, this thread had gone much of anywhere. But I have a question. You’d probably be interested in this too, @kate-flournoy…considering out talk of certain characters. *smirks*
Anyway, my question is this. How does a man accept comfort? Each person is different, of course, but if a girl has suffered a devastating loss or is in a low place,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument great points.
First off, I don’t think the pianist analogy works in this situation. If you commit adultery once, you are still an adulterer. If you murder once, you are still a murderer. If you lie once, you are still a liar. You may not make it your profession, per se, but you are a liar in the sense that you have lied.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Okay. Who’s calling Disney to lobby for us? 😛
Honestly @His-Instrument, I’m torn between Luke and Han as Rey’s father, though I don’t really like either choice. It seems to have been hinted that Han is (in the words of Kylo Ren, ‘… you think of him as the father you never had. Ha. Believe me, you would be disappointed.‘) but her backstory…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay
Sorry I can’t participate! I’d really love to, but school is a lot of work this year…I’m sure you know how that goes. 😉 -
BlueJay replied to the topic A Tale From Two Views in the forum Poetry 10 years, 1 month ago
@sarah-h Thank you. I’ll see what I can do. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella No problem. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus *grins*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I got 243 written and finished a chapter, so we’re just about even. I’m not sure what’s with me today… I just can’t seem to be able to concentrate. My mind is a melted mess of random fragments. I had to do some research on burn scarring and burns in general, and I’ve been processing critique/corrections from @Hope, not to mention I’ve had…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
All right @Daeus. Thirty minutes?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus… eh… probably 2:40 at this point. I’ll tag you when I start, and if that works for you, great.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
No problem @Daeus. 😉 Will you be writing anymore today?
-
Greta replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 1 month ago
@aella
I like all the names you came up with! I’d have to say, though, that I like Ganadir and Caramin the best, but that’s just my opinion. It’s really up to you. 🙂 😉 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper that’s not bad at all! Great job! I got 1,115 words written, and I’m working on a very tricky chapter, so I’m pretty happy too.
What did you get, @Daeus?
- Load More
