-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus well, if I had my way I’d attend every time and have a blast, but… life. 😛 Can’t be too spoiled, ya know. 😉 So I would attend whenever I could— which probably wouldn’t be very often— I probably just wouldn’t say much.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Dayus. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
*runs around the house singing one day more at the top of her lungs and doing gymnastics she never thought she could do*
I think this is an AWESOME idea @Daeus, and I think it’ll really be helpful for young writers. Bimonthly sounds a bit often, but you guys are the experts.
And just so you know I’d probably never participate; at least…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
When it comes to logic, I always think I’m right and it is impossible to offend me because you’re wrong and I should be concerned about you, not myself
@Daeus thank you for summing up my life in one sentence. *hysterical laughter* Okay, I may be a little more sensitive than that, but when it comes to logic, I know when I’m right and if you don…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I’m 10,273 words into NaNo right now. It’s… coming. The biggest thing that helps me is breaking it into 500 word chucks, because I can write 500 words in 20-30 minutes. Then I’ll check email, KP, or do something else I need to get done before settling down for another 500 words. Also chocolate… if anyone has some dark…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
Probably 5 for right now, though it sounds like a cool idea…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Winter-Rose yes!!! INFPs unite! 😀
Yes, I used to. I still don’t share half of them; only the good ones, and then only to @Emma-Flournoy and my mom. Emma isn’t a writer, but she’s been my #1 fan from the beginning, and she’s really helpful with that sort of stuff. 😀
It is difficult to open up to others about my ideas, though. Mostly because I…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Well, even if Kate can’t come, I may have to see if I can make it to the camp this year. I can’t swim but I do enjoy water… 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise AUGH!!! No! No lakes anywhere around us! Nowhere for miles and miles and miles! Thank you! Hello! Goodbye! Good morning! *slams door*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Elaine? The Lady of Shalott?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Hope aiy-ya-yi, now you’re gettin’ weird. 😛 I don’t ever want to risk my life in pursuit of experience, thank you very much. The worst I’ve ever done with water is go under in a pool and just go limp and let myself float to the top like a dead fish. Then when I stand up my hair’s all over the place and my siblings call me Poisedon… so…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Why…why have I not thought of that? *adds ‘dead fall into water onto next summer’s list* I have fallen into water, but not because I was pretending to be dead and mindset is everything.
Have you ever been in water almost as deep as yourself, then exhaled and let yourself sink until you are laying along the bottom of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*shakes head* You guys…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Hope don’t you dare.
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise yep, I’m lucky. I can shout and sing and die and scream all I want. 😀
No I haven’t, mainly because I can’t swim and am terrified of water anyway. :/ -
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Kate-flournoy See, I don’t really have anyplace to plan out fight scenes. I normally just do it in my head. But I’d love to watch you… *goes off to see how much secret cameras cost*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
YES!!! Oh, I’m sure I look like a maniac planning out my fight scenes. I usually do it when I’m alone cleaning one of our rental cabins— I’ll be wiping the table in between mapping out the different imaginary obstacles, and using the butterknives for weapons… hey, I don’t have any weapons of my own. Cut me a little slack, will ya? 😛
And the…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise My Mom now officially thinks you are insane. And that, @kate-flournoy, is hilarious.
I’ve never done anything like that. *shakes head wisely* I’ve only had my brother zip-tie my hands behind my back to see if I could break out of them. (I couldn’t and had to instruct him on how to cut them without cutting me.) I can…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Ha! Yes! I do that! Once I had my siblings tie me hand and foot to a chair with jump-ropes. It took me seven minutes and eighty-three seconds to wriggle out. They timed me. 😛
I’ve also had to go to the chiropractor before because I popped one hip out of joint choreographing a fight scene… 😀 And then the chiropractor…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise don’t ask me. Must have been a glitch in the way you took the test or something. It’s okay. You’ll figure it out eventually. 😉
Yesss, back to strange writerly things… um… @Emma-Flournoy tells me she loves watching me write because I make the most horrible faces and she has fun trying to figure out what kind of scene…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise ohhhhhhhh, yes indeedy. Our apologies. The most emotional types aren’t necessarily the most frequent criers, though. The most emotional types are the four empaths— INFP, ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ— all the iNtuitive Feelers. NF types. Those are the most intensely emotional. But the INFP is really the only one with a reputation…[Read more]
- Load More
