-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Good Joust in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield you’re welcome. 🙂 It was either you could unhorse them with a blow to their shield or knock their helmet off. Unhorsing by the shield is most common and most convenient, as the jousting helmet is designed specifically to turn such blows. There is no flat surface to land a solid blow save for a tiny tip where all the slopes of the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Good Joust in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield you’re welcome. 🙂 It was either you could unhorse them or knock their helmet off. Unhorsing is most common and most convenient, as the jousting helmet is designed specifically to turn such blows. There is no flat surface to land a solid blow save for a tiny tip where all the slopes of the helmet come together just beneath the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper haha, yes. It’s a muscle cramp, not a mental cramp. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Good Joust in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield I don’t know the answer to that specific question, though I suspect it very much depends on whether it was a formal joust (or even a royal joust) or a rougher, livelier joust hosted by a baron or some other ‘petty’ lord. ‘Country’ jousts were rough and probably a lot less organized. Royal jousts were merely for the show of it,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper basically a heavy, chronic hand cramp caused by perpetual repetitive motion. The motion of holding/moving a pencil… over… and over… and over… even typing can give it to you, though that’s less common. The muscles get weary of being frozen in one position for too long and just seize up. It’s not pleasant. 😛
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper I grin to myself for the next half of a day, generally. And bounce up and down when I am on my own. To the others I may mention I got a grand idea which is going to be really cool, but since they don’t know the background of my stories, an explanation generally falls flat, if I try at all.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Jess oh yes, no argument there— Big Hero 6 was awesome. Much better than Frozen. But Frozen was still very enjoyable.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya I watched Frozen for the first time just a few days ago and actually really enjoyed it. I was surprised— expecting a typical ‘princess’ story and it was anything but. I recommend it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Jadamae I will definitely be praying. Lymes disease can be really nasty.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy I don’t freak out anymore. That was just the first time.
And yes to scaring yourself at night… Like going downstairs in the dark and then thinking about a hand reaching out of the shadows… *shudders*
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I finished my chapter. About 1000 words or so written. I have to go start supper now.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean yikes. That does not sound pleasant. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope @Dragon-Snapper @The-Bean I got 871 words written. What did you guys accomplish?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper ok great. Still counts. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean great. I’ll tag you when we stop.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean ha! Yeah, that would be kinda counterproductive. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope me. See ya at 4:00.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope aha, so I’m not the only one who freaks out at being the only adult in creaky houses at night… XD
Actually sometimes I freak myself out on purpose just for the experience. Like, walking home in the dark. I KNOW if I start thinking about freaky things I’m going to freak out, but I do it anyway. *shrug* What’s life without a little imagination? 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope aha, so I’m not the only one who freaks out at being the only adult in creaky houses at night… XD
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer @daeus @kate-flournoy @aella @jess @dragon-snapper @the-bean @anyone I’m going to be writing for the next hour if anyone else is on.
- Load More
