@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Joy replied to the topic Scott Gustafson in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy I’m not a huge fan of fairy tales and fantasy. STILL, those pictures melted my heart! I love how… what’s the word… “innocent?” it looks. Thanks for sharing!
-
Joy replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@lady-iliara *Gasps* Spirit!! Yes, I have watched it! While I’m not a crazy horse-lover, I think it’s very sweet, and tear-jerking. And I also love the music!
@Anybody reading this who likes horses – Find Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron and watch it!
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@perfectfifths Short! It took me a while to get it. Good one!!
@lady-iliara Does it have anything to do with the Knights at the Round Table, Camelot or the Holy Grail?
-
Joy replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
@perfectfifths I love that one with the fairies!
@leumeister I like your animation poem! I can tell just by reading it that you really love animating 🙂
@catwing *Leaps into bomb of feathers* Wheeeeee! :3 :3 -
Joy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@graciegirl Am I the only one who gets chills whenever I see like how the movie title ticks like a clock? It’s probably my favorite part of the whole trailer. X-D
-
Joy replied to the topic Do Screen/Teleplay Ideas Count? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@leumeister That’s so cool that you like animating! I would like to animate too, but I’m too impatient. 😛
Of course it’s okay to talk about screenplays and things like that on here! I mean, nobody has said you couldn’t talk about them, right?
What kind of animation do you do? 3D? Drawing? Computer animation? LEGOs?
I would like to hear your…[Read more]
-
Joy and
Elizabeth are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Ben Powell replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@daughteroftheking No I haven’t read her books. I’ve heard of her though. More recommendations!! 😀
So we have…
The Wingfeather Saga
The Giver
Brothers at Arms series
Baker Family Adventures
Eagle of the Ninth
Half Upon a Time
Story Thieves
Les MiserablesThanks guys!! I’ll add these to my list and get started. 🙂
-
Joy and
CK4always are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd They are fun to experiment with! You should try it sometime!
@salome01w4g, @emily WHY, YOU COFFEE TRAITORS!! (Just kidding! 😉 )
@daughteroftheking Very relatable haiku. Well Done!
-
Joy replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Hehe! Oh man, that just might be the best haiku I’ve ever seen!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
I’m on a hiatus yes…but I just had to say it– @perfectfifths It’s from Sumo of the Opera, Veggietales-the Potato said it.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@theacornman Well, I don’t own Battlefront or know anyone who does, but from what I’ve seen I would be a huge Battlefront fan if I was willing to fork up the cash for it. 🙂
@emily-d My favorite Narnia book is definitely The Silver Chair. Of the current movies I agree with you on VOTDT, but I didn’t know they were making Silver Chair into a movie…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@daughteroftheking Well, I just saved the life of my sister’s favorite character in my novel, much to her relief. 🙂 Yeah, I really like the original Sherlock Holmes. I’ve never read any Holmes stories that weren’t by Conan Doyle. Are they any good?
And now I will DEFINITELY read the Wingfeather Saga. -
Ben Powell replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel Thanks for the info! I’ve heard of the Wingfeather Saga but never read it. I’ll check it out.
-
Joy replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@supermonkey42 If you want to start watching Doctor Who, I would start in the 1970s with Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker (especially Baker). And if you can’t find it or access it (it’s very hard to access the classic series), you can start with Christopher Eccleston, which is the first Doctor of the current series
A great reading recommendation: THE…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic 2nd person mystery? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
Wow. I think that sounds really cool! I would definitely read it if you did it. Who knows, it could be the next popular style! XD
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g I like country too, as long as it’s not hours from civilization. 🙂
@that_writer_girl_99 I’m right-handed. I’ve always thought left-handed people were cool though.
@dekreel I should watch Doctor Who sometime. It’s kind of daunting, though. I wouldn’t know where to start. YES, I have seen Rogue One, and yes, it was good. I personall…[Read more]
-
Joy started the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
Has anybody ever written a haiku?? I’ve written a few…
Stars dotting the sky
Moonlight shining down at me
Shooting stars fly by (My very first haiku 🙂 )Mom bought me white shoes
I wore them to summer camp
They ain’t white no moreDreary, long-drawn rain
Whispering its secrets to
The listening earthHere is my Haiku
Wait, that wasn’t the…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic On the issue of powerful swords. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Oh! Heh, thank you! *flattered chuckle* Oooh, a set of rainbow swords sounds cool. And seven is a perfect number! Glad I could help (albeit inadvertently)! 😀
- Load More
