@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g Hey! How’s it going finding a place to live?? I have been praying! 😘
-
Snapper's profile was updated 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic War-Torn City in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@shannon 😛
We have chairs the same way the First Order still has computer consuls. 1800-KYLO-INSURED

-
Snapper replied to the topic War-Torn City in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Thanks for your input! I think it sorta does have to do with the government, but I’m not sure how yet.
@shannon (You’re back!) Well, it’s a pretty big ghost town, but that’s definitely what it is…minus the tumbleweeds and self-playing pianos. And yes, I’m going to make the soil useless too. *nods* I think…
-
Snapper replied to the topic War-Torn City in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@princessfoo Yes! Go Star Trek! 😛 so, my first idea was actually a nuclear wasteland, then I realized that because my characters have to go through the city, it wouldn’t make sense. They’d melt. :O The Genre is sci-fi, set in the future of earth, 22nd century.
@emily Actually, the giant sinkhole is really helpful. I’m going to use that somewhere. 😀
-
Snapper started the topic War-Torn City in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
So, I have an idea for a story, but I need a reason for this one aspect.
Why would a city be abandoned after a war. Like a huge city, with a population of a couple million. Why would it be abandoned, and why would it stay abandoned for 15+ years. Ideas? Brainstorm? Throw it at me.
@daeus @mark-kamibaya @kate-flournoy @catwing @aratrea @emily @la…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Ah ah! Five is even better! Eleven is so… undignified!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 XD Yeah, me neither.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@epicaddie2 Yeah, the shire would be really cool, but I’d probably end up as a Took and go adventuring. 😉
I forgot about the books! Dwarves don’t really read books, do they? Hmm… that would be a problem.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO AND FRODO!!! in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Best character(s): Frodo and Sam all the way.
Best location: Erebor… I would gladly be a dwarf just to live there. Caves, mines, gigantic furnaces, gigantic halls, all made out of impenetrable rock… PERFECT!!
Best battle: Battle of Minis Tirith in Return of the King.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
Your idea of
haiku-speaking characters
has been done before:
Yoda in the book
<i>William Shakespeare’s the </i><i>Em-</i>
<i>pire Striketh Back.</i>
It actually works really well in that book.
(I got lazy and didn’t want to write any more haikus. 🙂 )
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 11 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong I have to ask, did you draw your profile pic? Or at least, where did you get it?
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you identify the three C’s of writing: chocolate, coffee and cookies.
You know you’re a writer when time-change gives you a definite advantage.
You know you’re a writer when you decide that 100,000 words is much better than writing 80,000 words.
You know you’re a writer when you come up with you know when you’re…[Read more]
-
Snapper and
Naomi H are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Snapper and
photobloggergal are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Good Evening in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@daughteroftheking Yeah me too. They make some great music. Have you ever seen them in concert? I haven’t but really want to
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g Nine years! *cringes* I have never heard of that happening before! I’m glad he has a job!
Anyway, thanks for your prayers! *gives fanged, sincere smile*
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@theacornman @catwing Thank you for your prayers!
-
Joy replied to the topic Haikus in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
@perfectfifths nice one!
With the clear exception:
It’s not a haiku!
Well, it’s still okay!
I agree with Mollisong
Hats off! Paws on heart!
- Load More
