@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Joy replied to the topic Publishing on Kingdompen.org in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 9 months ago
@graceofspades2017 Yes! you can publish short stories, poetry, articles and book reviews (you probably already knew that 😛 ) If you click the “submissions” button on the top of the website, it takes you to the submission guidelines, and it will tell you all about how you can publish things there 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing Ooh… Well, I was born in the Red Chasms of Taranar with dozens of other evil beasts, but when I was still a cub I was mysteriously rescued and taken out of the chasms by… I don’t know who. As I grew, I became less and less evil and eventually got to where I am now: Friendly, obsessive, artistic, creative, and mostly non-evil.
Long…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily Are you still there?
-
Joy replied to the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Good question! I think you should leave the story with the characters feeling hopeful, even if it’s just a little hopeful, in the circumstances. You character should be motivated to set her wrongs right, and to improve everyone’s image of her, by saving the queen, or helping to save the queen, or doing her part in any way. If you…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic How Do I Write a Sad Ending?! in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
My current WIP is a sci-fi trilogy. In my mind, it’s kinda a mix of Star Wars and Tron (if that makes any sense). But not plot-wise, just the technology, weapons and forms of transportation are a little similar. The first book is more like Star Wars, the second more like Tron, the third…..who know? I haven’t planned that far yet.
So anyway, I…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Ah, I missed the WALL-E quote!
@dragon-snapper That seems familiar, but honestly… I have no clue where it’s from.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@gh24682468999Â Yeah… Every short story of mine turns into a novel. It’s annoying. I’m thinking it will be around ten chapters, each about three pages long. I’m not sure though.
@inkling-for-christ Aww, thanks! @dragon-snapper used the term “Kingdom of Pen” in her LOKD stories, so I just went from there.
So yeah, sorry this is taking so long, guys!
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
Yes! 3000 posts! @kate-flournoy @daeus I’m catching up now.
Anyway, now that I’ve reached that, I’m going to take a nice Christmas hiatus. I’ll be back next year. 😉 By that I mean like two weeks-ish. When I return, I might or might not have LKD3 done.
Merry Christmas! 😀@shannon (and tag your sister for the sake of limited tags) @dekreel @sa…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I suppose I should make one then.
“Is that classical music?”
@perfectfifths @ingridrd @catwing @supermonkey42 @daughteroftheking @dekreel
-
Snapper replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
And now for a question of my own.
Would your character rather go to a political celebration or a Christmas party.
Ike would rather go to a political celebration.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
Perfectfifths Ike would rather be chased by ringwraiths.
@whoever asked this question: Go to a tea party, believe or not.
@catwing Would rather wear a very fancy suit.
@singforjoy He would rather be deaf, cause then he couldn’t listen to what people were telling him to do. XD
@perfectfifths Bossy chimp. It’d be a nice way to practice banter.…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Resistance was futile… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice YES! That is epic. If you don’t mind, I think I’ll make it my cover photo. XD
-
introvert_girl replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing Michael doesn’t really have a greatest enemy, so he’d choose one of his parents. Though I’m not sure if he’d choose to swap places with his mom or his dad. Maybe his mom, because her life seems less stressful.
@dragon-snapper Probably a sith, his only reason being that he hates having to conceal his emotions.
@emily Michael is trained in…[Read more] -
introvert_girl replied to the topic A Christmas Sam Story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Yay! Have fun 😀
-
introvert_girl replied to the topic Brainstorming help in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus I had another question related to your article. In the case of a short story, do you think a character’s yearning should be fulfilled by the end?
@sam-kowal Thanks, that was super helpful! Your first idea sparked what I think is going to be a large element of the plot now. (Character A has a project they need to finish, but because they’re…[Read more]
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
@jane-maree @that_writer_girl_99 @winter-rose @audrey-caylin @kate-flournoy @ethryndal
I really wanted to tell y’all this: I stumbled upon all of y’all’s blogs! I love them all! I am totally following them from now on! 😉
P.S. I left a comment for each of you on anonymous posts 😉-
Thank you so much, Dekreel! I’m glad you like it 😀 😀
Now to go find the comment… 😉
Do you blog at all?-
I don’t, but I have been considering it since I saw your blog. Now I really want to! 😀
-
You totally should! It’s a blast 😀
-
-
-
Aww thank you, Dekreel! 😀
Yesss, I concur with Audrey. You should get a blog. *nodnod* It’s really fun.
-
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@princessfoo Thank you! And squeal all you want! 😉 *LIGHTBULB* Oh, I need to make a note of this for the KPA…
@gh24682468999Â Thanks! Ermmmm…. I don’t know. At least a month. I’m slow *shrug*
-
Joy replied to the topic Resistance was futile… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily Heh, something like that 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing Thanks! :3
-
Joy replied to the topic Resistance was futile… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily *dies* LOVE THAT GIF! LOL
That’s Kapeefer literature, P.G.! 😛
- Load More

Congratulations on your posting-ness! 😉 Have a good hiatus and don’t melt too many chairs. 😛 *extends a box full of… whatever dragons want for chirstmas.*
We shall miss you. Fare thee well, friend.
@dragon-snapper Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and have a nice supply of chairs on hand for your hiatus…
And Cya next year 😀
Good job! *throws candy canes at you* I’ll miss you and can’t wait to see you next year!
Congratulations on your postfullness! 😉 Merry Christmas!
@daughteroftheking @dekreel @epicaddie2 @emily @shannon @sam-kowal @daeus @kate-flournoy @seekjustice
Didn’t feel like waiting till next year.
I’m back now. 😉