@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I read your poems. I really liked them! (and I love using a British accent😉)
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Oh, you can add your bio signature thingy by going to your profile settings 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Welcome to the bestest place in cyberspace!!!
Do you have a favorite book(s) and/or TV show(s)?
I also like photography! I like taking pictures of buildings, tall things and nature. I love your profile pic, BTW 🙂
“Lazy Apprentice” LOL That’s actually not a bad idea XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Well, I was kind of thinking along the lines of, A poem is a piece of writing, usually defined as something with rhyme and rhythm. Poetry has a much broader meaning, which includes something beautiful and elegant which appeals to the higher senses. My poems certainly do not do that! 🙂 So yes, technically you can’t say there’s a di…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Captain America is soooooo aaaaaawesome! I also like Hawk Eye and Black Panther (BLACK PANTHER MOVIE IN FEBRUARY!!!!!)
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine
How would you define the words poetry and poem?
In what ways would you say they are different and in what ways are the the same? I’m curious 🙂
Oh yeah I like your poems by the way! (I did read them haha) I think the 2nd one was my favorite though I like them all. -
Snapper and
Rochellaine are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Does that mean you like musicals? 🙂
What 50s singers do you like? A few of my favorites are Gordon MacRae, Jo Stafford, and Doris Day. Favorite dancers are Donald O’Connor, Debbie Reynolds, and Gene Nelson.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Um, it kind of depends on what genre you like…
You’ve got mostly Westerns and Sit-Coms/Family-Comedies in your list. Roy Rogers is definitely my favorite western star. Almost anything by him is good. But you’ve probably seen him already. Another thing I like about him is that later he and Dale Evans became Christians and would alw…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
Yes! It did work. So, I think you should be able to read the poems by clicking on the link.
Note please, these are not poetry, they’re poems. There’s a difference. 🙂
@daeus @dekreel @skredder @jenwriter17 @anyone-else-who-reads-this
-
Rochellaine started the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
Ok, I’m going to try to post a link to a google document with a couple of my poems. If it works… well, we’ll see.
It might or might not be here.
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@kballen @seekjustice @daughteroftheking @ingridrd Thank you all so much!!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks @jane-maree, your friend’s work is really cool. I do think, however, that her style is more suited to a novel than a children’s book. (My opinion only, of course!) At least, it isn’t exactly the style I’m looking for.
Thank you for taking the time to answer, though.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Yes! 1950’s style is definitely gorgeous.
Does it ever annoy you that when people think of the 50’s they automatically go, “Poodle skirts, saddle shoes, cat-eye glasses, and ponytails,” without any regard for the fact that that was only ONE of the many styles of the time? Ugh! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal That was Ginger Rogers, all right. 🙂 Actually, at the beginning of their career Fred Astaire said something like “Ginger couldn’t dance, but she was such a great actress she made you believe she could.” That has to be taken with a grain of salt, of course, considering the fact that his previous dancing partner was his sister who he…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
No problem! Better late then never hehe.
(Btw Captain America is my favorite too!) -
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa I have seen a little bit of Wagon Train, My Three Sons, and Leave it to Beaver. I like Ozzie and Harriet, and especially The Donna Reed Show. I have heard of several of the others, but never seen them. I guess now I’ll have to look them up! 🙂 Sea Hunt especially looks interesting.
I just remembered another sit-com I like a lot is L…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Heyo Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder
I would love to hear about why you like green! 😀
I like green too! Especially cool greens like evergreen and peacock green! I really like chartreuse though!
What about you? What are your favorite (and least favorite?) shades of green? :p -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Thank you! sorry for the delayed introduction
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kballen That’d be so cool if we could join up at a homeschool event! I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.
- Load More
