@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â That sounds cool! I agree with Liv in that the submit or danger thing is a little cliche. The Underground also sounds cliche. So, yeah, if you could put a unique twist in there, it would be perfect!
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 It sounds interesting! It does sound a bit cliche though, with the whole “submit or be in danger” thing. And idk if this thought struck you, but do you remember the mark of the beast in Revelation? It seems quite similar to the idea of people having a chip/card in them that pledges their alliegance to the government.
But I feel like…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree @emildy-d @dragon-snapper @radically-surrendered @aratrea @daeus @itiisastarrynight @notawriter @seekjustice @dekreel @rochellaine @mariposa @sam-kowal @that_writer_girl_99 @daughteroftheking @kballen @livgiordana @anyone else
I’m adding a #6 idea everybody! I just got this idea tonight actually, so lemme know if it’s cliche or…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec Ohh, that’s right. I like the Secret Garden 🙂
-
LivGiordano and
Grace H. are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec Was Frances Hodgson Burnett the one who wrote Little Women? The name sounds familiar…
Are you Australian?
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Heheh I’m like that!
@sam-kowal Gotta write it somewhere XD
You know you’re a writer when you want to write about the back-stories of inanimate objects.
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm back!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec!!!! Hi!!!! I’m so glad to see you!!!!!
No, we haven’t met yet. I’m Dekreel! Nice to meet you! *tries not to dig claws into your hands as I shake it*
Sometimes I look through the archives and think, “What ever happened to those guys? I really miss them!” Even though I had never met them. So yeah, that’s why I’m so excited to see you XD…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, I see what you mean. Gives me something to think about….👍
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Hmm, I’m sorry, I can’t remember her name. It may have been Shannon
I would love to have hair that grew without having to nudge it along. My healthy hair journey started when I straightened my hair in the spring. After washing it, my ends were splitting really bad and I had a lot of breakage. It’s grown probably 3-4 inches since…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a Kapeefer when you go to the library and see a book called Keeper and you think to yourself, “They spelled Kapeefer wrong.”
@the-real-kapeefer (thanks for that. XD) @catwing @perfectfifths @dekreel
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
Hmm…it is a fantasy story, for one. I’m not sure how that could be incorporated, but I’m definitely open to the possibility of God actually being there.
This is all really good to think through though. Would it help to read the story? Idk. Only if you want to.
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh wow, thank you so much! This is actually really encouraging.
If you never mention God, you could take this whole redemption idea and put it into the life of some people. Maybe Person A struggles with a lot of self-worth issues, but then Person B does this amazing, almost irrational self-sacrifice for them, which gets Person A to thinking about…
-
LivGiordano started the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
This is really tough, and a big question for me. But how do I write a story with theme of worth, when God is not a big aspect of the story?
This is especially difficult, because I know that all true worth and value is found in HIM. So how do I write this story, about someone finding out what defines true worth, when God’s name is never mentioned?…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Though I did say it first, it isn’t so much about internet access to the Bibles, actually, since we have seen how the internet can be censored easily. But when you can carry 100 books on a hard drive no bigger than your finger, it would be hard to censor those. 🙂
And burning Bibles would still be a big thing, as there are millions…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Cool! I’m definitely going to have to check them out now.
@SeekJustice for the most part, the things that were kind of mature in the book weren’t really in the TV series, so that was nice. If you’re wanting to watch it. 🙂
@jenwriter17 Ohh yay, another Chuck Black fan! YES, I love Wars of the Realm! They’re all so awesome, and really…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Help Wanted: Creating Themes in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Check out these two articles on @jane-maree‘s blog! They are SO helpful!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Definitely definitely Robot Wars. @mariposa How dare you beat me at recommending them when I read them at least five years before you did? 🙂
They are really very well-written in every way. Every time I see that they’re set in 2040 I wonder how much Sigmund Brouwer has correctly predicted – and how soon we’ll find out…
(I do…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Thanks for your input! About #3, I plan on setting that in the USA. I’ll have to think more about how the government would combat internet access to Bibles…..
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I LOVE Chuck Black’s books too! Have you read his latest trilogy?
That’s so cool you were able to be at your little sister’s birth! I actually know two other people who are into midwifery, one of them is on KP, though her name escapes me.
I always thought doing things with hair was cool too. Sadly, my hair type (3b/3c), is kinda…[Read more]
- Load More
