@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aella Sounds like my fourteen year old brother. XD Yeah, just try to make it sound as logical and straightforward as possible.
I asked my brother for advice, and he said that what he found logical and made sense was the story-structure database on KM Weiland’s website. Because it probably uses books/movies that he is already familiar with. And…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Short Story Characteristics in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 I am getting into writing short stories right now, so I want to see what advice everyone else gives you. 🙂
Yeah, I would advise not really making the world super developed, and with lots of back story and such. With the setting, I really don’t know. It possibly could add a lot, and be important to your story, but I’m really not…[Read more]
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 do you have the link to that post by chance?
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea thanks for that advice. It’s so encouraging and helpful. 🙂
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Nice! What is your WIP about? I love fantasy so much. And a homeschooler too. Totally awesomeness! KP does seem pretty great. 🙂
@emily-d I love literature, English, and grammar. That is just the best part of it. How about you? I do like animals! Especially cats. Yes, animals are pretty cool. I love horses, dogs, and birds.…[Read more]
-
Joy started the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@rolena-hatfield @daeus @aratrea @………
I don’t know who exactly is in charge of the coding and stuff for the forums, but I have found a few times now that after I post something, when I try to edit it, I click save, and the topic reloads etc… and my entire post is GONE! I can’t get it back, and I have to completely redo it!
Why is th…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder I like it a lot! It kind of reminds me of a Tony Curtis movie from the 1950s where he played a boy who was raised by peasants not knowing he was the son of a knight. When he went to live in the castle learning to be a page and a squire he found his family’s crest and learned that his family was killed because his father had been t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow, that was a lot.
Anyway, I hope some people like some of these names and can put them to good use! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
These are kind of weird names that I think can be used for bad guys, strange creatures, or sidekicks:
- Grogalmon
- Shmagojo
- Hokedoda
- Buddle
- Budley Ebsle
- Clomark
- Dvonzig
- Dirbojean
And lastly, here are a few that aren’t in any category.
- Gorley
- Allyjun
- Juraine
- Marthek
- Jana Neader
- Landke Gabis
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Boys names!
- Lurnaz
- Nnesim
- Glorald j’Eannor
- Jeale Carain
- Dylar
- Loruss
- Lorever
- Jamalon
- Javal
- Kethram
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Ok, here are my girls names! I looked a couple of them up in case, and found that one or two had been used before, but very rarely, if at all.
- Carill
- Shirae
- Lisilan Funespie
- Kirlas
- Tayice
- Carean
- Janyn Galler
- Rochellyn Mars
- Lizev
- Lyhavia
- Russlyn
- Kethra
-
Rochellaine started the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone!
I just found out recently that I like making up names. But I can’t use most of the names I make up because I don’t write fantasy so I don’t have any need for cool/unusual/just plain weird names. But I do know the troubles that come with naming a character, and thought that maybe someone here who has a character with a missing n…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Here you go! I hope you don’t mind manga 🙂

-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Maybe I could contact her on Etsy?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Wow! I LOVE your sister’s work. It’s just the style I was looking for! Realistically proportioned, but cute enough for kids books. 🙂 And it’s amazingly detailed! Is there any way I can contact her to see if we’ll be able to work together?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow, that is a long post.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Don’t worry about my tag, someone just recently left off the 17 😉
My answers:
Who was your favorite character? Why?
I really liked Chessy because of her spunk and determination and passion to do what’s right no matter what. I also liked Rain because of her roughness, sneakiness, and, I gotta say, the way she talked too. 😊 I like…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 I’d like to try Cole Avis.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice *fangirls* Just finished reading Stars Fill Infinity! I’ts been a really long time since I’ve read a book of this length in the time that I did. 👍Overall, I really enjoyed the whole thing, the theme, character, and plot. Looking forward to seeing the finished published book! What are your plans for publishing?😊
Were you still wanting…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g
Sorry to invade your conversation (I like to stalk this thread haha) but I really like your picture! 😀 Good job! - Load More
