@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Oh wow. This sounds so awesome. I would totally read this.
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk oh HEY ADORA!!! So cool to see you here! And you’re an MK? Somehow I totally missed that before. XD
@itisastarrynight that sounds way too awesome! I love that idea!
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
Ohh @itisastarrynight you cannot imagine how helpful this is for me. It’s like the biggest AHA moment ever. Okay. Thank you, thank you, a million times over. Everyone’s advice is finally making sense. That MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. Seriously. You’re totally awesome now. 😉 (not that you weren’t before, but I just got a taste of that awesomeness for the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd I really like Mern. It sounds unusual, and would make a character unique, I think.
@daughteroftheking Driana is really pretty and I LOVE Larik! I hope someone writes a story with someone named Larik just so I can read it and relish in the name. 🙂
@dekreel Um, I’ve never met a Whovian, but my brother is a Trekker…
-
Joy replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Since SeekJustice commented, I might as well comment, too:
Your sister is AMAZING! WOW! If I ever get around to those illogical children’s books that I started when I was thirteen, I am SO asking her to illustrate them!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking @ingridrd I love those names!!!!!
@rochellaine *talking to self* She likes Adric…. SHE LIKES ADRIC!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Adric is a Dr Who character’s name, and you know how we Whovians are……..
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine
Hmm Idk. Names are kind of a weird thing. Like they have a large impact on how you perceive the character but then also I feel like one name could go to so many completely different characters. Y’know what I mean? although for me its the kind of name I would give to a hero. (or heroine) 🙂 -
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I’m gonna be really busy today and tomorrow, but I’ll get that to you as soon as I can.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d @livgiordano YEEEEEEES! Wars of the Realms is SO AWESOME! I gotta get a t-shirt one of these days……
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d I don’t think I’ve listened to Celtic Women. I just have one Irish music CD.
I heard the Newsboys once in the God’s Not Dead movie (seen it?), and I really liked them.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Haha! Do we realize what being writers does to us? “She’s torn. She has come to care for those she once saw as only nightmares of her past.” We talk in “book blurb” language! 🙂
I found the same thing happening to me when I first started going to law school. After a year, my speech changed drastically, and I started saying strang…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Cool. What type of person do you think Jana Neader is, though? Is it a hero or heroine, or a sidekick or mentor? I think it could sound kind of forbidding and be a “dark lord” or something, but could also be sweet and sympathetic. 🙂
@dekreel Those are cool names! I like Airow, Dae, and Adric a lot! I was kind of thinking for t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
…….That was weird……..
TAKE TWO! *claps clapperboard*
Thanks @rochellaine! I might actually use some of those for my novella! (assuming I ever get back to it……)
Anyway, can I drop in some names, too?
Girls (I got these from a book, mostly)
- Airow
- Aine
- Altair
- Ashe
- Vekka
- Cleo
- Dae
- Dove
- Elke
- Fae
- Faune
- Ginger
…
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine
Cool 😀 I like Jana Neader. Though I don’t really have any characters that I could use it for. -
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Yep, @rochellaine is right! Outside of the topic, before Rochellaine posted, it SAID I posted recently, but my post is gone!
Spam?! Hmmm, that makes sense, actually. It’s happened about three times, and all of those times, I remember that the posts were pretty long. This one was long, too.
If it helps, here is another place where it…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily That’s great! Which ones do you like best? I want to know if anyone has the same favorites as I do.
(I actually held back on my favorite of favorites. I am going to try to use it in one of my own stories, because I love it so much.) 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Short Story Characteristics in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Heh. You tagged me.
Welp, writing short stories is actually really difficult for me. The only thing harder than writing a short story for me is coming up with a character’s name. XD
But I’ll give you what advice I can from the few successful times I’ve written or read short stories.
So, if you do have a big story world, don’t…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily This does sound like a neat concept! The only thing that doesn’t quite make sense to me is how the seawyrms could have her family crest marked on them? Am I just misunderstanding? Of course, when you go to write this you can definitely explain in better detail. XD
- Load More


