@itisastarrynight
Active 8 years, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 134
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight
I wont say I toldya so :p haha.@mariposa Wow! You are really good with colored pencils! 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, As I said in the first post, I don’t write fantasy. 🙂 I go for the classic and the realistic, not the fantastical and grotesque. But then, that’s why I put the names out, right? So people could use them in ways I couldn’t!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, Ohhh, I don’t know! If she’s a person, probably. If she’s a normal animal like fox or tiger, probably again. If she’s a strange creature with a lizard’s body, a cat’s legs, and a peacock tail – probably not! 🙂 But I don’t care what you use it for, I just care what my own impressions of her are.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Again, I have NO idea who she will be. She might be human, she might be creature……… *shrug*
Would you WANT me to tell you who she is?
-
Rochellaine changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Wonderful! Actually, I like sci-fi better than fantasy, so I do think your updated plot sounds more cool. 🙂
You do illustrations yourself?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Hooray for Kethra! 🙂
But I’m kind of worried that you’ll tell me who she’ll be, since I picture her as a person, but someone who likes to draw strange looking creatures might end up turning her into one…
Am I right? Or does Kethra have a chance of surviving in the human world? 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I don’t remember right off the top if a whole thread disappears or not. If it doesn’t disappear, it would probably be on the topic list, but I think the topic itself would be completely empty.
I do remember that I had to create a completely new thread the last time it happened
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I am actually strongly considering using Kethra in future stories 😀 I have NO idea who she will be or what story she’ll be in yet
-
LivGiordano and
SleepwalkingMK are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
LivGiordano replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec Thanks for the welcome! Y’all make me feel so at home, and I love it. 🙂
@jenwriter17 Thank you! I was really excited and surprised that I was in the newsletter. 😉 Yes, writing has definitely made much more of an observer. I love it.
@emilyd Oh cool! I love an Australian accent. 😉 I’m not really into mystery, so not many. XD When I…[Read more]
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Hi! I thought I’d let you know that I tagged you for the Liebster Award on my blog. If you’ve seen it that’s fine, but one of the rules is to notify the people you tagged… so I thought I’d notify you. XD
https://silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com/2018/01/secondary-introduction-liebster-award.html
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Please do use them, and please do tell us if you do! 🙂
@waterlily I love Kirlas! She sounds like a strong but sweet girl. I’ve been imagining her with brown hair and green eyes, but is that totally different from how she will be in – um – unreal life? 🙂 Let me know a teeny bit about your story, because I feel like a mo…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Aaah! Just saw your writing advice got into a KP newsletter!!! Congratulations! 😁I like the idea about an ‘idea jar.’ I love to observe my surroundings too. I notice more of the little things since I became a writer.
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Glad I could help 😉 XD
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Maybe there’s an inspector or someone who discovers the MC’s “problems” and takes him away to a special school for nonconformists. Then he could meet other people like him, or maybe he meets an engineer-in-training who has a wild imagination (which made him also a nonconformist.) He could teach the engineer how to drea…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer AND a fangirl/fanboy when you include names, cameos and/or easter eggs in your stories of things you love
*blinks away heart eyes….*
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic Alternatives to flashbacks? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@atisastarrynight I personally love flashbacks, and I think they can be great if done well. I’m thinking of a certain person who is really good at doing this, but isn’t on KP, unfortunately. 🙁
But yes, have something trigger a memory. Keep it short. You definitely don’t have to info dump. Just let your character remember something, but not all…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Okay, thanks! Did you have any thoughts on #6? I posted that one later on.
- Load More
