-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel I know @jenwriter17 already drew Jenna (It’s super cute Jen! I like the hair!) but I really wanted to draw someones character. So… Here’s Jenna. 🙂
.. Also I just realized I made her hair too short whoops! *facepalm*
Anyway I hope you like it! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Heheh XD That’s great!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Yes, I’m self-publishing. I’ve already self-published several books, but never a picture book, so it will be a new experience trying to figure out the format. 🙂
I’m glad you liked it! Wow, Oliver seems to be the favorite around here. I wonder why? And you’re not too late, because I haven’t decided yet. 😀
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine
Wow! Are you self publishing it?I love it by the way! Super cute and quirky! I know i’m late but,
Out of the names suggested my favorites are Oliver, (I have a character named Oliver so i’m a bit biased though.) Isaac, and Caleb. 😀
And I really like the title a Ticket to Blueberria 😀 -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh, wrong tag. @aratrea
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 Oh no. I got this slightly wonderful, but kind of horrible idea. See if you like it…
(I don’t know if the words will end up too small to read here, but I think if you click on the picture it gets bigger sometimes.)Â Read from left to right, and then down.


@dekreel This is my own weird version of a KPA. 😀
@aratrae @daeus @the-r…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic The Beginning of the Sequel in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi! Just some tips…
- If events that happened in the previous book are not important, then there is no need to cover them again. Just cover the main points.
- Please don’t have a “nothing happened” time jump between books. Your characters will not seem active if they just sat around for a couple of months/years.
- Weave in a…
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@pickupyourpenandwrite An incredible revelation–so that’s why I like algebra.
-
Snapper replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Wow. Really? Thank you so much! 😀
You know you’re a Kapeefer when you write down something that makes you a writer at 11:30 PM just so you can tell the Kapeefers.
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you watch an epic Winter Olympics commercial–super active people with amazing tricks–and you just say meekly, “I write books.”
You know you’re a writer when you begin to describe the setting of a winter day as you take bulk trash to the curb.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Quests and Fantasy Cliches in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Just off the top of my head…
Quests usually involve an impossible task or saving the kingdom.
Types of quests (can be combined):
- Defeat the Evil Overlord
- Rescue the Princess
- Defeat the Dragon or (since this is becoming more common) Befriend the Dragon
- Find the Magical Artifact of Great Power before the Evil Overlord who…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, well. 🙂 Bye!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Hello! I’m finally back. How are you doing – or are you doing at all?
@dekreel @jenwriter17 Anyone home? I’m working on a small project.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aratrae 😀
Wait…Did you just give us a spoiler or something?
I’m not sure if you were asking me, but I don’t mind if you use mine. After all, it’s not my face in the pictures. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine AAAAHAHAAAA! I just can’t stop laughing at these!! X’D
@aratrea Sure!! You have my permission 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 How about this?


-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2Â … Can I do other faces, too?
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 @jenwriter17 @christi-eaton (You have my permission, too 😉 ) @DeGraafs @anyone

-
Joy replied to the topic Quests and Fantasy Cliches in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine Since @rochellaine covered the questing thing, I shall bombard you with fantasy cliches:
- Damsel in distress
- Mentor (old with flowing beard, and ends up dying)
- Prisons in castle towers
- Dragons (Sorry, Snapper! But it’s true…)
- Elves
- Dwarves
- Medieval setting
- Castles
- Knights
- Magic
Watch Josiah and Daniel’s video…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2Â HAAHHAA! I love the spoiler one XD
AAAAAAAA and the one with the frog HAHAHA!
AAAAHH These are great!!
Josiah and Daniel like them — Good sign indeed!
- Load More
