@hybridlore
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
One more thing, does he carry a sword?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
awesome! I can’t wait to see these!!!!!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
(also…..LOL the bit about the phone dying, that’s a trope in EVERY story where you have a leader who has to communicate with your characters from a distance)
I know! 😀
there was literally a seen when Phil’s brother Andy was like, “Hang on Phil, before we don ANYTHING check your battery.”
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Yes that definitely answers my question! Thanks!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle well I enjoyed the boxcar series for a while when I was younger, I think the thing was that I never really took them as particularly realistic anyway lol
The original series was written at a time when the market wasn’t oversaturated with “kids always know better” content, so it wasn’t as bad then, but yeah I can see problems in…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, completely. I just can’t stand the hidden message of kids know best in just about every adventure movie or book. And Box car kids and Hardyboys literally got chucked across the room because I was SICK of the kids know everything.
There is a series, The Baker Family Adventures, that is a breath of fresh air!! It’s about a…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint the chapter, what glitch?
@ellette-giselle yeah I get you on not liking the “Children disobey parents, keep secrets, do things the parents say no to, and in the end it all worked out because they were right and the parents were wrong, and there’s NO consequences for all of it” thing. Like, it’s not like parents aren’t wrong s…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle yeah it’s been a while since I watched the show, but I remember that scene/episode quite clearly. It was really well done.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
that was by FAR my favorite episode!! SOOOOOO good!!! like, gave me chills kind of good!!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I’m glad you liked it! Yeah, it is sad. Poor Edwin. and poor Turin of course. Poor Sabina too!
And the “feeling like he’s a failure, stemming from pride” actually makes a weird amount of sense.
I know right?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle @thearcaneaxiom ooh I remember that scene, that was a really good show.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
also great moodboards!
And the “feeling like he’s a failure, stemming from pride” actually makes a weird amount of sense.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle ooh wow! Super sad, but still a great job showing the harsh reality of death in war, especially on the losing side.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Yup. Sure is, and the funny thing is, if you told him he was being prideful he’d look at you like you were crazy. He thinks that he’s a failure at the moment, and he’s not realizing that this stems from his pride.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
This is a realistic reaction from Aaron. He sees himself as a failure and has suddenly had more responsibility shoved on to him than he thought he would get. He does not feel ready and hides, lest he bring down others with him.
Yes! And, (spoiler kinda) he’s unintentionally beginning to see himself as Ardenta’s savior which is…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
but she will refuse to read anything I write until I improve my grammar.
Do I know what that’s like or what! lol.
I can’t say to much about this at the moment, but for now, know that this is nec for the story.
Ok…… I trust you.
Maybe.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@keilah-h @theshadow @whalekeeper
k, here’s a new part.
@calyhuge @otherworldlyhistorian @thearcaneaxiom @linus-smallprint
Apologies for tagging y’all. Hope you don’t mind. I’ve started employing the advice y’all gave me, and I wanted to see what you fella’s think before I go any farther with it. Does Aaron still seem like a guy. I mean, would…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
This was great!!!
Suspicion: Alan’s father can control himself because he’s actually one of the Faithful. (Just a thought.)
Oh dear…… man…… I don’t know what to say. I mean, the grammar in there…… well some of it’s a little painful. lolol. I think I’m dso sensitive because I am bad at grammar so I’m always…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Ah, good. I was just about to start breathing down your neck on this. haha.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
This is great! You gave me a good picture here! That scene with Simon on the water and Eden in the water were my absolute favorite!! OH MY GOODNESS! They were amazing! With all the help I have gotten here and on my WIP I must say that if Aaron does not turn out there perfect character it’s because can’t write. lol.
Thank you…[Read more]
- Load More
