@hybridlore
Active 3 days, 7 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@jonas I was imagining the Ironwalkers as just enchanted suits of armor before. The fact that there’s something inside but they still don’t make any noise makes them a lot scarier.
@hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rae @grcr @raxforge @whalekeeper
Felicity- Group 1, Edge of Elderstrand
Felicity took the staff gratefully. Her knuckles were raw and…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- posted an update 1 year, 10 months ago
when you’re researching a skill for a character, and then your like “actually I kinda wanna do this too”
-
whaley replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Quick post to remind everyone and myself. I have to finish this tonight, otherwise it won’t get done. 😂
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yes. When he said “not solid,” he meant the creatures aren’t made of magically fluid iron that is completely solid throughout. They at least have separate iron plates and pieces. He ripped off at least their outer layer, and whatever is inside is yet to be discovered. (That would be Jonas’ decision.)
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I think I’ll add another character after the fight is over, if that’s alright. Or guess technically two characters. One and a half? I should go back and check how many character slots we’re allowed.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
I understand both your points. However, there are many instances in the Bible when God blessed or rewarded people after they told lies to save the lives of innocent people. Sabina brought up two such instances.
And, God has also told people to withhold truth/miss-lead. Like in 1 Samuel 16
The Lord said to Samuel,…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rae @grcr @raxforge
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/ Group 1)
The chunky creatures loomed over them, casting shadows over the soaked ground. They walked without sight or feeling, without head movement.
Someone cried out. It was the man with wind powers. He cradled his hand, and when the other young men…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
You and me both, girl. But it looks like your world-building is paying off :]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@whalekeeper Yay! Freakiness is the intention :]
And yes, lots of world building. And re-world building. I still have zero plot tho
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
“Clickmen.” Felicity shuddered at the sound of metal footsteps. It was clear as they got closer that they were not the machines Felicity was used to
Well, that’s the freakiest name for robotic machines I’ve ever heard. *Eyes you suspiciously* Have you been worldbuilding for something?
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Oh whoops we’ve been forgetting to tag @hybridlore
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle My character doesn’t even have military training. She’s just… very determined.
@grcr @raxforge @whalekeeper @jonas @raeFelicity— Group 1, Edge of Elderstrand
“Clickmen.” Felicity shuddered at the sound of metal footsteps. It was clear as they got closer that they were not the machines Felicity was used to, but she didn’t care…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@linus-smallprint oooh awesome! and you’re welcome!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
a little like this but a grizzly bear instead of a polar bear, and more vicious?
(not my art)

-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
If you’ve ever seen the first Puss in Boots movie from Dreamworks, there’s a giant mama goose that actually does a good amount of damage to the town she invades while looking for her chick, who the main characters stole. Basing on that alone (I’ve never met a free-roaming goose, that I remember at least), I can see just an ordinary giant goose…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@linus-smallprint oh, good to know I’m not alone then! It’s not discouraging at all, it’s just one of those thoughts you have when you’re trying to sleep but your brain won’t let you. Y’know.
And I’m glad you have an explanation ready for why this section feels rushed. Makes sense.
and bruh that Canada meme! We have somethin’ like that…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
So, I think I can safely say which scenes you have added in and which ones were in the draft. I’ve run into this same problem several times. If my book is more then a year old when I do the re-writes and big edits, you can always tell what I wrote before and what is added. I think our style and skill develops the more we write,…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Oh. You are not the first I’ve heard to say that, but I don’t mind that you don’t agree. Sabina does voice my own beliefs however, so I won’t be changing this.
I would be interested in your reasons behind why you don’t agree with her/my reasoning. Though keep in mind I won’t be changing this scene, so if you find it a waste of…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Don’t look at me.
My guys are just normal people with some military training.
@whalekeeper @grcr @raxforge @loopylin @jonas
Leon and Julian —Group 1, Elderstrand edge
Julian looked up and his eyes widened. He yanked Leon back. “Look out!”
Leon spun, gripping his sword tightly. His eyes and mouth opened in shock. “What are t…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
This is one of the best ones yet!!
I’m curious, did you write this from scratch, or was it in the draft?
This was super well done, and I like everything about it. (though i did see a typo here and there.)
Very well done.
- Load More
