@hybridlore
Active 1 week ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Yes I recognize that, and I have noticed girls are pretty myself, but it is mostly just the awkwardness. As I read that scene I could not help but cringe inwardly. But, you are making me feel the way Aaron does at that moment, so that is not a bad thing.
My dad said that it’s the natural way for a guy to think, and he has to…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
also who’s Ru? A real person you’re working with, or your internal muse (like, say, the narrating character) or something?
Or yourself? lolActually, all three. Each in a way.
She’s a real person I’m working with in that we are alter egos of each other. Other I’s. In that same way, she is myself. She is also a sort of narrating cha…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle cool! I’ve never lived anywhere besides the US…..
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@grcr all right!!
@linus-smallprint @rae @ellette-giselle is that everyone who was in the challenge? I still have to get to work on my drawing lol
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Well… here is my picture of Feather…. but through Canva since whoever-the-new-wyoh-is is still reigning lol
Feather Greystone | Art Challenge
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Thank you! Yes, it is sad, but like you said, realistic.
Yes, we lived there for 4 years! Italy is a beautiful place to visit….. but DON’T live there. lol.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Great scene! Sad about the boy who died though. It’s not too dark. War–real, full-out war–is usually sad like that.
You’ve been to Italy too? My family did a short mission trip there with our church last year, although we were there before our friends moved over there and in a different area. My mom wants to go back, it’s so…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
That’s so wonderful! I’m so glad this story is special to you! I will be praying for your family’s friends. Italy is tough. I wasn’t old enough to really know it when i was there, but I was still aware of the way they were closed off to the gospel, and the fact that our church was so small.
I like how when Aaron starts to doubt…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle I LOVE IT!
I like how when Aaron starts to doubt why he’s been sent there, Turin is there to remind him of God’s plan. This story’s become special to me because my family has friends who are missionaries just like Aaron. They live in Bologna, Italy, where there isn’t a physical war going on necessarily but many people there…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Or yourself? lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
also who’s Ru? A real person you’re working with, or your internal muse (like, say, the narrating character) or something?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
@rae Cool! My brother’s a great worldbuilder and did a similar thing with his Icebreaker Empire’s alphabet. They have the same number of sounds as in English, but have a writing system where every phoneme (letter sound) corresponds to one letter (thus having 40 or so symbols). It’s a lot easier to learn to read that way if you don’t have to deal…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Ack! Awkward romantic moments!
Tell me straight that guys never noticed a girl is pretty. lol.
It’s realistic, and it could have been far worse. My aim is to keep any romance clean and God honoring.
Here’s some more I finished editing up. I’m still working on the rest, but I thought I might as well…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Alan has had his memory whipped by before
I noticed that, but once you did it two times in a row I thought I’d mention it.
No problem on time. I was just being annoying as ordered. If I get too annoying tell me to stop. lol.
I am excited to hear what happens though!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @keilah-h @theshadow
And here is part two of what I posted today.
Aaron had just finished leading a time of prayer in the Great Hall, when there was a disturbance at the door. Several people in the room shifted, and Aaron looked about, trying to find the source of the disruption.
All at once, people scrambled back from the…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @keilah-h @theshadow
Ok, I started braking this one into a few more sections because it flowed better. Here are two, and I’m going to work on the rest.
Days passed, and every night the enemy tried to terrorize those who stood on the walls, chanting war songs, battle cries, or threats, launching stones or flaming projectiles…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Oh man. What did I say. Come on Alan, get some sense in your silly head!
My only complaint in this one would be A.) You used “whipped” instead of “wiped” (a mistake I myself often make which is why I caught it, lol) and then the Do not, would not, will not, etc. Like I’ve said before, it doesn’t fit with the style of the…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Not to be to pushy, but are you ready to rp, or are you not inspired?
- Load More
