@hybridlore
Active 6 days, 8 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Reading now. Feedback in a sec
-
Esther replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@loopylin @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings
Yeah, I mean, I personally prefer that whoever I’m talking to would make eye contact as well, or at least try to. But as long as they’re not like, staring at the floor or clearly not even looking at me, then I’m not offended or anything.
I do believe consistently making eye contact takes practice and i…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Honestly, that was the obligation I felt writing this, so no wonder you picked that up from reading it.
lol. It felt like it.
I think your dad has some really good advice. I would go with that.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
No problem.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Oh, yeah, I’m gonna sit out again 😑 sorry, everyone, that I’ve kinda just not been participating. I don’t have any good excuses :p
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Should I wait on a drawing from you, or are you planning to skip this round?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Am I getting an updated drawing from you, or would you like to use the one you already submitted?
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Also like, if you said Gospel-thematic stories were the only good stories… you’re cutting out a whole lot of stories. Stories can be chill, they don’t have to carry the whole fate of the world on their backs. Should I attack a puzzle mystery show for not including a biblical message? You might as well critique every human-made thing with the same…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
So, as I said, I’m just debating the opposite side from you, so I most likely do not believe what I’m saying. In fact, I’m personally more inclined to agree with your side.
Alriiiiight *cracks knuckles* Hopefully this makes sense (:-P)
I agree that sometimes a gospel storyline can feel forced when added randomly into a plot, but it just h…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
girl I thought you seriously dissagreed what I said. I’m not used to you responding to discussions with such short answers and I’m used to ‘touching a nerve’ meaning like…
I’ve been stressing about it sm today LOL
I gasped out loud when you said that 😮 Oh no… I’m so sorry I came off that way! I replied quickly because I h…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Hmm. I didn’t want to dwell too long on it, since both the reader and Alan want to hear Charles’s story more. But I wanted to include this as well, because, like I said, a fantasy book telling you not to read fantasy books would just be weird. Perhaps I have room to fit in more here? I could also try coming back to this lat…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Hmm. I didn’t want to dwell too long on it, since both the reader and Alan want to hear Charles’s story more. But I wanted to include this as well, because, like I said, a fantasy book telling you not to read fantasy books would just be weird. Perhaps I have room to fit in more here? I could also try coming back to this later. I’m also conce…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I think there’s a place for stories that present the Gospel, but also stories that may not necessarily present the Gospel. God calls us to all write different things, and honestly? I think that’s what’s most beautiful about these Christian writing communities and what each of us write
Exactly! If we were all writing the same…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
 Anyway, I think he needs some pointy ears and a ridiculous amount of equipment on his back, eh?
😠
No.
Nope.
Not happening.
lol
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Oh, also, I’m gonna ask someone to stop us if we get too heated. I have a tendency to do this when I really get the ball rolling. ellette-giselle If Whaley agrees, would you mind?
Yes, I can kill this if I need to, though it looks like so far y’all have kept your heads. lol
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I wasn’t necessarily saying that…… Well, now that I think about it I actually am saying God should be there.
See, the big issue for me was that Rae said that her character found joy and peace and I was wondering where he found that if it wasn’t from God.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
-
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
@freed_and_redeemed something just happened that I had to share with someone.
For the first time in a long time I felt the urge to read my Bible. I keep my Grandma’s old NKJV near where I sleep for such rare occasions, and after reading a couple passages in Psalms she had bookmarked, I noticed a pink envelope behind the front cover of the Bible,…[Read more] -
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Thinking about my opinions on this topic just a few months ago…y’all, I’m so glad God is helping me grow XD
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings I love how we can all peacefully discuss our different opinions on this💖
Y’all are the best : )
I agree with you, Min! Writing God in a story is difficult, and it makes it even harder depending on the genre you write. I don’t think all books have to have God be explicitly stated or mentioned or even…[Read more]
- Load More
