@hybridlore
Active 6 days, 5 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
…and once again the German creates a conflict that she could have easily avoided if she just hadn’t opened up her mouth…
I’m tellin’ ya, Germans are the most annoying people on Earth!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Yes, you were! Thank you so much! I love this character, and I finally was able to draw a character the way I imagine him!!! yippy!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle oooh he looks awesome! I see I was actually pretty close on the clothing lol
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae @linus-smallprint @grcr @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h
Ok everyone, here is my drawing of Friedrich. Sorry about the bad lighting, it’s raining here so i don’t have natural light.

-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae oh that’s hilarious lol
and trust me the version of him in the RP is a little toned down. probably because he’s got somebody doing that exactly.
@whalekeeper yep there’s my boy Mundy lol, forgot you were technically writing him for a fic
(yeah that’s his actual name, I’ve referred to him by it before)he’s not forty, actually, there’s…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
(and I hope y’all don’t mind me jumping in here :p)
That’s okay :-p
I’ve heard Tolkien didn’t like allegories. Here is a quote I’ve seen multiple times (correct me if it’s fake, I’ve just seen it often):
“I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to de…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Why do you think Aragorn wasn’t intended as a Christ figure? I don’t mean that JRRT meant Aragorn specifically to represent Christ or anything, but I think in some ways he was definitely intended to be a Christ figure.
(and I hope y’all don’t mind me jumping in here :p)
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Thank you for posing the other side, Rae 😌
But the purpose of a Christian is to “go into all the world and preach the Gospel”, to be a light in darkness, and writing is a way we can do that! It is a command from Jesus Himself to preach the Gospel, so shouldn’t we be using the talents and means God has given us to obey that command? Shoul…
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I can say, with a 100% certainty that Aragorn was NOT meant as an sorta Jesus figure, or to represent anything in Christ.
Really? Does a character have to be perfect to be a Christ figure?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @rae yeah I wasn’t saying Aragorn and Smalls were SPECIFICALLY designed to be Jesus archetypes, but the sheer fact that they are the good kings that win out over evil and take their thrones in the end means the writers were at least influenced by their worldview.
I mean, non-Christian authors do kinda the same thing sometimes, but…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I kind of agree… with both of you 😅
Ummmm I think Aragorn was not meant to be a Christ figure, but JRRT used some traits that happen to overlap.
When we meet Aragorn, he hides in the shadows, always watchful,
but rather quiet and mysterious, preferring to not make himself known. We’d
almost think him a little timid if we didn’t… -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
True. But it was a great picture all the same
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
hair and eye color do not make a character alone.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
to be honest, I was holding off a little bit on replying because I just am not sure how to correctly continue this, but I shall try.
Think of this another way. Shouldn’t we treat the Gospel with respect for what it is? And writing for what it is? They have different purposes.
But the purpose of a Christian is to “go into all the w…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Oh, and I don’t know if S.D. Smith meant Smalls to be a sort of Jesus figure, but if he did, I’m sorry, but I’m, never reading The Green Ember again
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
while it’s a stretch, you could say that Aragorn and Smalls, the king characters who take their thrones in the end, could partially be considered analogues of Jesus.
If I hear anyone saying this and actually believing it, then they will have the wrath of a German on their hands!
(I understand you’re just mentioning t…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
In a shorter sentence, you like the drawing itself, but it looks nothing like Friedrich.
it looks kinda like him………….:D
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even though this wasn’t actually Friedrich it was quite good! Like I mentioned before, your artistic skills are pretty amazing! The hair is… not quite Friedrich’s. And the facial expression isn’t really his either. (and of course the clothing is off) but otherwise pretty good.
In a short…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Whaley, I think the personality is what counts, and you have to admit, if I knew someone like Sniper in real life, I’d be immediately befriending him…to at least keep him out of trouble XD -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Here you go, my two faithful readers! 😀
The next morning, Aaron met Sabina in the hall. Noah was with him, so he felt comfortable talking to her. “Sabina, can I speak to you a moment?”
“Of course,” replied Sabina. “Is everything alright?”
Aaron nodded. “Last night, Joseph came to me and asked if he could stay he…
- Load More
