@hybridlore
Active 1 week, 4 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2648
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@acancello Hiiiii girlie!!! *hugs* 💖💖
Totally understand; you do what God has called you to do <3 And Happy Birthday!!!! And yessss, ughhhhhh, the humidity down here in the South is horrid🥵🔥
and I’m doing well! ‘Broken Shackles’, the sequel to ‘Freedom’s Fire’, is almost at 55k words, and mostly going smoothly!! Riker is breaking my heart, but…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@theshadow that is a dark concept….
but honestly, I just agree with everyone else that as long as you’re not presenting a dark concept as positive or good, you can write it, as long as it doesn’t take too much of a toll on your mental health.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
but why does it have to be so sadddddddd whyyyyyyyyy
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed Riker, mister, this has gone beyond hugs. You now need serious counseling. I’m also about to call the character exploitation hotline on your author.
(JK I would never do that lol)
-
freedom replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 3 months ago
@rae that looks amazing!!!
and yes, I would love to hear it 💖
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @rae @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h @koshka @ellette_giselle @anyone-else
Anyone want a Riker scene? 👀
Fair warning…Riker is about to plunge into another dark place, and is about to separate himself from everyone that has ever loved him, until he literally comes to the end of himself, and thus this scene may cause some…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
If you want to show a sacrifice, I don’t think that’s inherently melodramatic 😊 It only becomes melodrama if you become blinded to story mechanics and the reader’s perspective in everything. Drama is fine as long as you can see everything from a bird’s eye view, and you seem to be a pretty practical person so far XD
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
I have to say, you are definitely improving your skills 👌
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
Really?!?!
Yep!! XD
Ooh, that’s a good point!!! My thought process was just that Kaden and Sevryn didn’t realize how the oath would affect them.
Both ways work well!! Whatever makes more sense to you; I’m just throwing random ideas to help you brainstorm 😉
Question…why is this a problem?
I think what Jonas was mention…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Hehe. They might find themselves dancing generically when they wake up too.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
I knooow it’s been vague, I’m sorry 😆 Teleportation just didn’t fit for him anymore. You guys deserve an explanation if I’m going to do this any longer.
Every person has a form called a lovedream, which is an exaggerated, fantastical version of their perceived identity. Or who they want to be. For example, Hugo’s lovedream looks lik…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Well…look at my novel!
It has several dark elements, like child abuse, child neglect/abandonment, murder, evil guys running the world, hatred, prison camps, etc.
But the reason these elements are in my story is because my story is an allegory about Light and Darkness, good and evil!
I think your story is fine (unless you’re…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
The greatest enjoyment I got from the prologue was the twist from ‘we’re doing this to save the baby’ to ‘what’s this baby doing here?’ That was great.
Really?!?! That’s awesome…I guess I’m keeping it now XD XD
You should think about how strong of an allegory you want. Once you say Jesus, all readers will know this is a Christian a…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
Wow…this is a lot to think about and really helpful! Thank you!!
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it as it is, it really evokes a certain mood, and has really strong imagery.
Okay good XD
Yeah, the first line of the book is always the hardest because that’s how the readers decide whether or not to keep reading!
These three par…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
@anybody
Challenge ideas: (plz help me add to this list)
- Write as many words as you can in one hour.
- Write a short story a day for one week
- Try to write a short story/snippet in the style of your favorite author(s)
- Try to edit double the number of chapters you usually do in one day.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Writing Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Update
I’M DONE!!!!!!
It’s not exact, but I am proud to announce I finished around 12 hours of writing! I wrote somewhere around 9000 words, but after going through and editing sections, I was left with only about 8700 words of progress. Not as far as I hoped, but that’s still about nine days of work for me in one day!I’m thinking about making…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
It’s all about why the darkness is there. Top questions when reading something dark: Is this melodramatic? If so, what does that say about the writer’s reasons for including it? What practical reason does the writer have for including it, if at all?
Tbh I see no problem with big bombs in a story, I have one in my project. It’s a magic…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Ellette nailed it. I pretty much would have said the same thing (if I could articulate it that well, which I could not)
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Song Suggestions in the forum Music 2 years, 3 months ago
Ooh, I love those ones.
- Load More
