@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I’m sick. Can people please be praying for my recovery? And praying that I don’t vomit either. Thank you in advance. 🙂 🙂 🙂
@perfectfifths, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @daeus, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @overcomer, @winter-rose, @anyone & @everyone
Haha Isn’t it terrible for the doctor to be sick??? 😛 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I’m sick. Can people please be praying for my recovery? And praying that I don’t vomit either. Thank you in advance. 🙂 🙂 🙂
@perfectfifths, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @daeus, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @overcomer, @winter-rose, @anyone & @everyone -
Ingrid posted an update 9 years, 9 months ago
“Faith is not part of the Christian life, it’s the whole thing.”
~James MacDonald -
Christine Eaton posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
I think one of my favorite times of day are those rare evenings when I am home alone. I can read, write, sing as loud as I want, or just study in silence with Andrew Peterson or the Gray Havens playing in the background. It is moments like these that humble me. I will never cease to be thankful for them.
-
Sounds like a fun evening. (When I’m home alone, that means I can play my violin as long and loud as I want. 😀 )
Definitely something to be thankful for.-
@emma-flournoy.
Last night was my cast party for Les Miserables and they finally announced the next show! Pray for me as I have auditions for Beauty and the Beast on Monday! *runs off to look up new monologues*
Anyway, I’d thought you’d like to know 🙂-
Wheee-haw!!! I’ll be praying, and tell me who you get! So exciting.
Is this some kind of famous play or musical, or is it something this college or whatever put together specifically?-
I’ll keep you updated for sure! I’m so excited. It’s going to be put on with the same group I did Les Miserables with, Alethia Christian Theater, and it consists of high school and college students. It’s not the Disney version or the musical and I think they are going full Hans Christian Anderson Version. The cool thing is the directors for this…[Read more]
-
Wow! That’s all so cool. 😀
-
-
-
-
-
*hyperventilates* So who’d you get? BELLE??
-
-
@emma-flournoy
I’M STILL WAITING FOR THE FREAKING CAST LIST!!!! AHHHHH!!! It’s “supposed” to come out today, (but it never comes the day they say :/ ) I probably won’t get Belle though, there are a lot of girls with way more talent than I who could play her. I did a cold read for a singing, drunk bandit and in all honesty, I would be perfectly…[Read more]-
But I was told I totally killed when I did my audition monologue, and that was really encouraging to hear. Especially since I wrote it and it’s nice to hear when they like both what you wrote and your acting. (my monologue gave me a lot of feelings actually because I wrote it as one of my characters)
I’ll let you know who I get when I find the…[Read more]
-
@emma-flournoy in case you are interested this is what I wrote and performed. One time I was practicing it and got so much into Beck’s head that I actually started shaking. I had to quit because I got so into it. Beck is probably one of my favorite character’s I’ve ever written (she’s based off of myself in a lot of ways) Anyway, here it is.…[Read more]
-
-
Oh my, apologies. 😀 I guess they wouldn’t let you know what you get the same day you auditioned, now would they. 😛
A singing drunk bandit…how LOVELY. 😛 A female bandit?
But yeah…I can see how that’d be fun.
-
-
-
-
@Christi-Eaton That’s awesome!! I can imagine people were impressed.
When you audition then, you do an act of your own choosing, AND you try one of their characters?Whew, I’d have liked to see you do that. 😀
-
@emma-flournoy
Yeah, it was a pretty intense monologue.And yes, we started with a basic audition of a one-minute monologue, and then afterwards we have call back where we are grouped with other actors to just cold read from the script.
-
Cool.
-
-
-
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper and any other night writers, welcome to eight o’clock, December 16, the day that will go down in history as they day we spent writing because that’s literally such a good thing to do, especially at eight o’clock.
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Right-o. I gets that. I’ jess sparks my soul, ya know, da way ya put that?
-
Kate Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus hey, just thought I’d let you know I’m not going to be writing tonight or tomorrow. Tonight visiting some friends, same tomorrow, though different friends. The Brandyberries? I believe you’re familiar with them? They live about ten minutes from my grandparents’. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus no, she’s talking like I do not-online. XD
-
Greta replied to the topic Book Spine Poetry in the forum Poetry 9 years, 10 months ago
@spradlin
Oh, that would be so neat! I would totally enter a Book Spine Poetry Contest thingy. 😛 😉 -
Daeus replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy What happened to you? All of a sudden you’re talking like me. I mean, of course, that’s the only proper way to do it, but are you alright?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Every day? Heh… no pressure. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Really now? I should keep coming up with ideas then. Just think, if I came up with ideas like this one every day until I was eighty, imagine how rich I’d be when I turned eighty-one!
-
Daeus replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Really now? I should keep coming up with ideas then. Just think, if I came up with ideas like this every day till I was eighty, just think how rich I’d be when I turned eighty-one!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus someday you are going to be a billionaire. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
This just gave me an idea for a website. What if there were a site where readers could go and vote on book ideas that they would like to see written? Readers could create an account and then select different types of writing they like. Writers could then log in with their story ideas and categorize them under the reader groups they think their…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Timothy-Young well good for you, because now that I think of it I couldn’t really care less what people think so long as I was happy with it. 😛 Guess I won’t get much business that way, will I? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
This is… interesting. I definitely see how it could be of some value if you’re desperate for ideas.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus hm… maybe it’s not so much the wording or actual point that needs changing up, but the perspective? When you just describe the plot, @Mark-Kamibaya‘s right— it does mirror TCoMC very closely. But it’s not the plot that makes the story unique. No truly good story should have to stand only on its plot. That would be pathetic. *chuckles*…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus hm… maybe it’s not so much the wording or actual point that needs changing up, but the perspective? When you just describe the plot, @Mark-Kamibaya‘s right— it does mirror TCoMC very closely. But it’s not the plot that makes the story unique. No truly good story should have to stand only on its plot. That would be pathetic. *chuckles*…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Well, it is kinda a revamped Monte Cristo, but I don’t think I’d say so. TCOMC is definitely the closest book I can think to it, but pretty much everything that happens is significantly different, the MCs are very different, and the last part is especially different. It’s just the overall feel of the novel which is very similar.…[Read more]
- Load More

That’s a good one. 🙂