@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus you poor thing. @Emma-Flournoy we are sticklers for grammatical excellence around here. *glowers*
*sighs**rubs eyes* Okay. How about this. How about we play politicians here and work out a compromise. Is there some way you could make it grammatically correct to use both plummets and tangled plots? You’d need a transition of a few words—…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy @anyone-else. I’m gonna write for an hour, then possibly some more.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@emma-flournoy *throws hands in the air* I changed it because your sister told me to. Go fight it out with her!
Seriously @kate-flournoy, what do you think?
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy, oh yes, I see that now, must have just read it wrong right off the bat. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus yes! I love it!
@Christi-Eaton I read it as ‘Forced to confront everything he fights for—shattered; everything he cherishes— put to the test, and a long hidden truth’ etc. The everything he fights for is shattered, and he has to confront that about it.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus, I like it. It makes me want to read your story.
The only thing that doesn’t make any sense is here.
“he is forced to confront everything he fights for shattered, everything he cherishes…”
I’m assuming this is just a typo, because “fights for shattered” makes no sense. 🙂 Other than that this looks great!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Hey, y’all, this any better?
Matthew is sworn to avenge a murder. His dedication to his wronged family is powerful enough to bring him through any trial, but youth and inexperience hold him back. Setting out to find new strength, he encounters tangled plots, tragedies, bandits, and a deep uncertainty surrounding his destiny. Matthew returns years…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Merry Christmas! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper
I haven’t been on here lately, but thank you all the same. Merry Christmas to you, as well! -
Greta replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Alrighty @hannah-krynicki. I am SO sorry about the long wait again. I sincerely hope I didn’t hold up your writing process. Why don’t you send me all your questions, I’ll answer the ones I can, and send the rest to my British friends? That is, assuming you still need the questions answered. 😀 Again, I’m SO sorry about the wait.
-
Greta replied to the topic Would all Ohioans please announce their presence? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Actually, wait…I just looked at the email you sent again @his-instrument. For some reason, I was thinking the Writer’s Gathering was on January 7. However, if it’s on the 21st, I might (just might) be able to make it. It’s about 1 hour and 30 minutes from where I live. Let me ask my mom and I’ll let you know. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic Would all Ohioans please announce their presence? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
I’m SO sorry I haven’t responded to this until now @his-instrument! Ahh, I feel so bad. This past semester has been so crazy school-wise…It’s been insane. But that’s no excuse for not responding! I’m really sorry! Anyway, about the writing gathering…unfortunately, I don’t think I can make it. So sorry, and thanks so much for trying to…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus, aww, so sad I missed the critiquing party. And may I just say A+ Rhett and Link on that Perspective video. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus *chokes* That is hilarious.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose. Hmm. I’m not sure if the gradation in the color is giving it that feel or if it’s just the color. One way or another though, I think I can get it fixed.
Were you thinking something more medieval like…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Aye aye. Will do, miss. Since you mentioned perspective…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus oh dear. That’s awful. Try a little perspective next time. I hear it works wonders.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Uh… well I was doing productive thinking, but all I could think of every moment was how to fix the cover and I was starting to feel a bit sick from it. That’s what happens when I can’t think of anything but one thing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus WHAT YOU WERE SITTING HERE WORRYING ALL MORNING??? 😛 Loosen up a bit. XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thanks. You probably saved me from a premature death by worry. I might be able to work the nose in too, but we’ll see.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus sorry I’m late again… @Hope wasn’t kidding when she said I had mice in the wifi box. Seriously. Twelve of them. They were promptly ejected, but they did mess things up quite a bit… 😛
And that definitely sounds like it could work; your idea. I especially like the idea about the letter. One word of caution— I can tell you from personal…[Read more] - Load More
