@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Sounds like a plan. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Alright, @kate-flournoy, we’ve got this thing down. So next time, you provide the full explanation and I’ll summarize it, and then we’ll switch back and forth.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@His-Instrument yeah. What he said.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument It’s not really expensive. You basically just pay for a cover unless you can really design a good one yourself and then you can do a couple easy things yourself without paying for them and it doesn’t cost anything to list your books online. Print books don’t have to cost anything either with print on demand. Marketing is a broad…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@hannah-r It’s not really expensive. You basically just pay for a cover unless you can really design a good one yourself and then you can do a couple easy things yourself without paying for them and it doesn’t cost anything to list your books online. Print books don’t have to cost anything either with print on demand. Marketing is a broad subject.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument Well, I see what you mean. Of course, elves and ghosts are different, since elves are basically just a different looking human, whereas ghosts are spirits.
The basic principle here is that the truer something is, the better. Truth, though, isn’t always simple. There are levels of truth. For instance, if you wanted to show a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ghosts in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Well @His-Instrument, it depends on how you define ghost I guess. And sorry Tolkien, whatever you say about no allegory, I’m not buying it. 😛 There is no way he was blind to the symbolism in his work. Even if it wasn’t supposed to be a specific allegory, it was allegorical in so many ways it’s impossible he did that on accident. Sauron of course…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument I am planning to self-publish soon. I’m hoping in about two weeks, but we’ll see if I can manage everything in that time.
I’m not actually doing my own cover design. I hired PerryElizabethDesigns, which is a company that advertised on KP before. I’d recommend them. They’re pretty affordable and I like what they’ve done.
-
Greta replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@alia
Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry. That’s really hard. I’ll definitely be praying for the little girl and all those involved. -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Hey, anyone who’s up for writing, I’m doing some editing now.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy the ‘a deep uncertainty’ is after an ‘and’ so it doesn’t really matter.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus yessss. We loves it very much. Except you made web plural. Typo.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Ok. Watcha think? @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy
Matthew is sworn to avenge a murder. His dedication to his wronged family is powerful enough to bring him through any trial, but youth and inexperience hold him back. Setting out to find new strength, he plummets into a webs of tangled plots, tragedies, and a deep uncertainty surrounding his…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Yeah, I do know what you mean. Hopefully I’ll have version two tomorrow.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Thanks @Daeus. ‘Preciate it. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Also my wifi will probably cut out before nine, so… may not actually get the results anyway. :/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’ll tell you what words are! They’re letters that mean something. Go forth and conquer.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
WELL SOME OTHER WORD FOR WAR-ZONE! XD Web. Net. Trap. Confusion. Desolation.
Because plummets is a singular action that does not match up with the plural of tangled plots.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus I’m… writing? 😛 More like sitting staring at my screen asking myself ‘wut r words’ and dabbing my nose with tissues and trying not to sneeze everywhere because I have a cold… but it makes me happy that I’m trying… sort of… I’ll try a bit harder, I guess. Just don’t expect stunning results. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy *winces* Subtlety is a virtue, my dear. And if it isn’t it should be.
And I like the font as it is. That’s one of my favorite fonts. If popular vote demands I suggest another I shall do my best, but I really don’t think the font needs to be changed.
- Load More
