@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy @mark-kamibaya @sarah-h @hope @his-instrument @rolena-hatfield
I just thought of another subtitle idea. Compared to Dire Recompense, how do you like Sudden Recompense?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy @mark-kamibaya @sarah-h @hope @his-instrument @rolen-hatfield
I just thought of another subtitle idea. Compared to Dire Recompense, how do you like Sudden Recompense?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Timezone Change Option? in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister Wait, it delays your post?
I think it’s set to EST. I don’t know about changing the time zone. Let me tag Josiah. @aratrea
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Aratrea that’s true. I guess that just goes to show how important perspective is.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister Now that you’ve added more to the spaceship, it seems to me that the characters might look a little squished down there at the bottom. My suggestion would be to move them up to the center side by side and make them in the background with fading. Working on their expressions could add that element of question if you do it right.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I love that one. My vote goes for that.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I agree. Great points.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy That’s a good distinction. As far as the practical application between personal and universal themes, I don’t think there’s any significant difference. One thought I have is that it is generally best to use universal and personal themes in combination. For instance cowardice with the meaning of life, responsibility with justice,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
Ok, Here’s the same thing only with the name in gold. Any votes between the gold and silver name? @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @dragon-snapper @rolena-hatfield @sarha-h

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
Les Miserables. 😀
Theme: justice and mercy.
Focusing question: which one triumphs?
Message: it’s justice that makes mercy necessary.Hmm… those are slightly different than the format of the others you shared… and now my brain is tickling… I wonder…
Oh yes. This was that idea— I’ve thought about this some already. 😛 It seems to me…[Read more] -
Hannah A. Krynicki replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister Yup, they’ve covered it! Version 1.1 is a huge improvement. I’d just add that if you want to use this as an e-book cover, you could probably make the text larger. Covers can be hard to read in a thumbnail Kindle library. Btw I love the textures and lighting; those were always the hardest bits for me when I dabbled in CGI. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Computers, and the opinions on them ~The KP forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose the hardware you can’t really customize, though especially with the newer ones, there’s no real need to. If you’re talking about user interface, I have no idea.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus… LGK? ‘Little Green Kate’??? *hysterical chuckling* I like that. :”D
-
Daeus replied to the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper …You’re right… I’ll start calling her LGK from now on.
Yeah, short books are nice. I’m mainly doing it for marketing reasons though. And, hey! It’s very Tolkienesque.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister My main thought is to accent the stars more. First of all, it looks like their focal point is on the title. I’m not an expert, but my impression is that a better focal point would be between the spaceship and the title. Also, I would make the light streams from the stars a lot more prominent. It would add motion and also draw eyes…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
Excellent font choice, by the way. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Leumeister I love the title, though it might be a little too metallic to show up well against your background, and as far as I can tell with your experimental models, the actual cover looks like it’ll be well laid out. It does seem a bit too dark though, and besides that maybe a little uniform. There’s nothing really eye-catching about the cover…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton changed their profile picture 9 years, 8 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I like it. A lot. I would tend to agree that the silver subtitle does look best.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
Ok, this is what we’re at now. I personally like it with the silver subtitle better, but I’m thinking it might be good to make the name gold. (There’s now a shadowed effect on the title like you said, @emma-flournoy) Any thoughts?


- Load More
