@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal OHHH!!! Yes, okay! That one was just adorable. I’m sorry. 😛 Painful but it was so cute, and the way it turned out was beautiful for everyone. Poor John. 😛 Yes, definitely lots to be admired there.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal yes! I’ve seen the BBC series of it and I started the book, but I hate electronics and it was on kindle, so I’m kinda looking for it in physical format (unabridged 😛 ) before finishing it.
That love triangle was actually not my favorite just because I didn’t care all that much for Pet Meagles, and I was mad at Arthur for falling for…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@S-G-Dewey nice! I love it. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@S.G.Dewey nice! I love it. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
Ooh, I like it too.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers Score Results in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
I got 69. *grins*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers Score Results in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
hehe! That was a neat way of them to get my email address. *jots that down*
I got 84 too.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus so should I. Plan to meet you then.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy Ah, too bad. I should be able to make it tomorrow.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Four: The Experiment in Living in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
since most of my characters have undergone tragic backstories (courtesy of me =P)
*chokes* YES. lol
An organizational freak? *cough*INFJ*coughcough* :’D
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Four: The Experiment in Living in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
since most of my characters have undergone tragic backstories (courtesy of me =P)
*chokes* YES. lol
An orgizational freak? *cough*INFJ*coughcough* :’D
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Four: The Experiment in Living in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
since most of my characters have undergone tragic backstories (courtesy of me =P)
*chokes* YES. lol
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus aaaand tonight of all nights I can’t. :/ Good luck though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’m back to write now. I’m thinking I’ll go till 9:45 tonight, barring any catastrophes.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Aysia-Serene ha, yes. There’s so much to be said on that subject it’d take whole books. 😛
Perhaps another important difference is that in 2/3 examples you picked, the MC was /not/ the winner of the love triangle, so instead of just being a gushy ending of success, the MC actually has to face hardship and work through it to become a better…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Aysia-Serene ha, yes. There’s so much to be said on that subject it’d take whole books. 😛
Perhaps another important difference is that in 2/3 examples you picked, the MC was /not/ the winner of the love triangle, so instead of just being a gushy ending of success, the MC actually has to face hardship and work through it to become a better…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Christi-Eaton YES. I can’t think of any examples right off the top of my head, but girls that lead both guys on are incredibly annoying. That’s a whole different set of problems right there. 😛
Definitely agree with you there. It doesn’t necessarily have to be main (Faramir and Eowyn) but it has to have its place in the story and serve some…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Brilliant forum post @kate-flournoy, I enjoyed reading this one. You should write a whole article on this topic. It would be great! One of my strongest pet peeves from a love triangle is when the main character cannot possibly seem to choose between two guys and just keeps leading both on by continuing to flirt with both and even kissing both.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper @jess @winter-rose I’ll be writing for an hour.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus exactly. I have no problem with that at all. Great point. It’s when the character is supposed to be likeable but only has that one goal that I start to lose it.
- Load More
