@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@DAEUS! *groans* You ruined it! *sobs* And Hamlet isn’t even my favorite either. *oceans of tears*
*goes to console herself by reading Henry V for the eighteenth time*(Hilarious, by the way. 😀 )
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
I like Shakespeare for the most part, and I do like this. It’s interesting. Nice work, it’s always fun to experiment.
-
Daeus started the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum 9 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys,
For some reason, I just took it into my head to share with you all my weirdest piece of writing ever. Let’s hope I’m not crazy. Shakespear lovers, please forgive me. The fact is, even though I’m not a huge fan of Shakespear, I still think he’s pretty good, despite what this piece may suggest. Basically, I just took his ‘to be or not to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
Um… can I do plays??? XD Shakespeare’s Richard II coupled with Henry IV— don’t know if you’ve read them, but Henry IV is the continued story of Richard II. They’re directly linked.
Anyway.
The negative character arc for Henry Bolingbroke (later Henry IV) begins when he is charged with high treason and banished overseas by the inexperienced…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Traditional in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Well, to start with, I haven’t made money doing it any way because I haven’t published, but there are a few clear facts. First of all, a lot of traditionally published authors don’t make money either. Second, with so much more of the profits you actually keep, it’s easier to make money self-publishing. Third, there are a lot of…[Read more]
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@GabrielleMassman Welcome! Glad to have you aboard! Ah, another Les Miserables fan who has actually read the book. I like you already! Seriously, I could go on for ages why that book is spectacular… Anyway, I’m Christine, but I go by Christi, I’m fairly active around here, by either writing some content for the website or hanging around the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@gabriellemassman Mmm… yeah. Boy, I love that. I’ve got some basic ideas, but I can’t wait to do an in-depth brainstorming session and let my imagination run wild.
The bestistest thing is just something I came up with once and ever since then it’s been a tradition to greet people that way.
-
Faith Kindred replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Welcome @Gabriellemassman! 😀 Glad to have you here!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin Close. It’s bestistest.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Ooops, or third, apparently. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hello, Gabrielle! Let me be second to welcome you. 😉
I’m actually a fellow Tolkienite and I had never read that poem… I just went and looked it up and now I’m choking. THAT. IS. AMAZING. I have a new favorite. Thanks so much for recommending it!And your book sounds lovely. Welcome to KP. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ah, a dragon is never late.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hi, @gabriellemassman! I’d like to officially welcome you to the bestistest place on the internet. Hmm, tough thing balancing this with time management, but at least whatever time you do have for here will be well spent.
Hey, tell me more about your story. It sounds neat. I’m hoping to write some fantasy soon, so I want to hear about your…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy @anyone-else Ok. I’m doing the writing thing.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 4: Experiment in Living in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal The experiment in living and the answer to the focusing question should sound the same. They both answer the same question: How should one act in reference to the thematic matter? Basically, they’re just two different ways of looking at the same thing.
-
Greta replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 8 months ago
@hannah-krynicki
No problem! I hope your novel is going well. 🙂 Let me know if you have any other questions. 😀 British culture is simply fascinating (especially the accents; I LOVE British accents!). -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Size of a Writer's Vocabulary in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
For those of you surprised they didn’t do better, thought I’d point out that this test is a knowledge quotient test, not necessarily a judge of how deep your vocabulary is. Most of the words on that list I could have figured out just by dissecting their roots, but as I was supposed to click the ones I knew I let them lie. Also, though this…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Size of a Writer's Vocabulary in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@faithdk Quite an accomplishment. 😉 I congratulate you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper No. His logic was false. It only applies to him because it was a self report.
@emma-flournoy You win a tour of the galaxy!
-
Faith Kindred replied to the topic Size of a Writer's Vocabulary in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
I got 24,400… sorta surprised. I thought I’d do better than that, but, I did get a higher score than @daeus, soooooo I guess I’ll be content with that. 😉 (…assuming you actually did get 21,400, which, frankly, I’m not buying it)
- Load More
