@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Homework for Video 10: Theme & Scene Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
Okay! I think I finally got some stuff organized here. 😀
1. Harold enters a treacherous swamp to save Denholm, who does not seem to grasp the gravity of the situation.
Mkay, so I finally got Harold’s EIL somewhat figured out.
E.I.L.: that the world is worth being a part of because man, deep down, is basically good. (Note: Harold is a c…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
That’s awesome @Vanna! Perfect use of foil characters and thematic contrasts. *thumbs up* Sounds like you absolutely nailed a good (skillful rather 😉 ) love triangle.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Critique, anyone? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith
What are you trying to do? Make me cry my eyes out??? *blows nose and wipes away tears*
This is so simple but beautifully written. I did notice some spelling and punctation errors, but other than that, it’s really good. I see now from your post above what the “Condemned” sign means, but maybe you could make that a little clearer.…[Read more] -
Vanna replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
*squees* So I know I haven’t been on here in ages, but this topic really sparked my interest. I read somewhere (can’t remember where) that a good love triangle should reflect two different directions the plot and/or character development could take. So the choice shouldn’t just be “hot guy v.s. hot guy”. It should have a definite effect on the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
New topic.
Potatoes.@Ethryndal @GracieGirl @Hope @Emma-Flournoy @Winter-Rose @The-Bean @Rolena-Hatfield @R-J-Wordsmith
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
New topic.
Potatoes.@Ethryndal @GracieGirl @Hope @Emma-Flournoy @Winter-Rose @The-Bean @Rolena-Hatfield
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Each door was painted with a different name in careful golden letters, and each name just as carefully crossed out.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Theme Mastery Q&A in the forum Theme Mastery 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea Monday, Feb. 27th at 7-8 pm EST is the only one that’ll work for me. This sounds super exciting and I’d love to do it, but if I’m out-voted don’t worry about leaving me out of the rotation. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Whoa @Ethryndal that could get crazy. *grins* Thank you.
Of the thirteen blank, sterile white doors in the blank, sterile grey wall, one was painted a soft shade of creamy yellow. Pasted in ugly xs all across it were strips of yellow tape marked DANGER. DO NOT ENTER.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Critique, anyone? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
This should totally be a children’s book. With the right illustrations it would be perfect. I love it. As Emma pointed out, a few errors as far as punctuation and spelling, but otherwise it’s lovely. Good work, @R-J-Wordsmith.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Critique, anyone? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
This should totally be a children’s book. With the right illustrations it would be perfect. I love it. As Emma pointed out, a few errors as far as punctuation and spelling, but otherwise it’s lovely. Good work, @R-J-Wordsmith.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rachelle Welcome to the Kingdom! I’m sure you will find all of the tips and advice you could ever wish for here! Everyone here is very helpful. 🙂
-
Gracie replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rachelle Welcome to the Kingdom! I’m sure you will find all of the tips and advice you could ever wish for here!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rachelle yes, I love poetry. 😉 I wouldn’t consider myself A POET but I love poetry. One of my very favorites of Tolkien’s… actually I can’t pick a favorite. I love them all. XD
As for favorite movies, um… probably LotR, Rigoletto, Henry V, Little Dorrit, Monsters Inc., Pride & Prejudice, Captain America: The First Avenger, and a lot of…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle Comics? Cool. Do you have any you could show us?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
Welcome @Rachelle. 🙂 This is indeed an amazing place. This community has helped me so much I wouldn’t even know where to start listing it all. So glad to have you here!
Do you like poetry? What are some of your favorite books/movies? -
Daeus replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
Hi @rachelle! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.
Say, what do you write mainly? I’m sure you’ll find this place helpful. I’ve grown a lot through it. (I’m sure everyone else will agree with me.)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Fears of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper more recently being afraid that I’ve taken on more than I can handle and will ruin something good with my inexperience. But the comfort is, I can only get better from here, and the harder I try, the more I learn. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy *flat stare*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
These are so awesome guys!
@R-J-Wordsmith
@The-Bean
@Winter-Rose
@Emma-Flournoy… and sis. Seriously. You need to write a book. - Load More
