@hannah-olsen
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 32
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal Btw, Animal Farm is a good really short read if you want to see an example of a negative arc.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus ha! Well, I mean… I guess technically that does work. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy 😀 Ha! Mine was named Leopard. Kinda has a nice ring to it I think.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus yep. *grins* His name is Freckles.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy Seriously?!? I mean, no joke, when I was little my life was tied into my stuffed leopard. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rachelle's Digital Art in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
I’m going to agree with @Sarah-H and @Ethryndal on the tone of the picture, but you did do an excellent job with the composition and balancing the colors. Good work also with the character’s reflection. Those are not easy! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rachelle's Digital Art in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
I’m going to agree with @Sarah-H and @Ethryndal on the tone of the picture, but you did do an excellent job with the composition and balancing the colors. Good work also with the character’s reflection. Those are not easy! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
You guys. Are. Amazing. Thank you so much!!!
@Daeus that is absolutely terrifying; I’m going to have to sleep with my stuffed leopard tonight to stave off nightmares. :’DMkay now, how about… candy?
You wake up in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve to unfamiliar footsteps creaking downstairs. Stumbling out of your room, you stagger down…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
Wow, this is amazing Gabrielle. Hilarious. You did an excellent job with Sam’s voice. They pretty much already covered what needs covering. Thumbs up on characterization. I want the rest of this. 😉
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Just saying, I’ve been reading through all of these and they are all amazing. Good job guys. @emma-flournoy, are you sure you are not a writer? You win at making some of these prompts. They are fantastic.
@kate-flournoy, If I have any to add I know where to come 🙂
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Just saying, I’ve been reading through all of these and they are all amazing. Good job guys. @emma-flournoy, are you sure you are not a writer? You win at making some of these prompts. They are fantastic.
@kate-flournoy, If I have any to add I know where to go.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
You’re doing some writing one day when you hear a knock on your door. You open it up to find your arch villain staring you in the face. He looks at you for a whole minute with a cold expression, then says in a dry, somewhat harsh tone, “Why don’t you start the kettle. We’re going to need to have a long talk.”
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal The Elves in the Silmarillion. Have you gotten there yet?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose
WOW. I noticed a few things about this.
1. The protagonist’s voice is hilarious. Don’t change a thing about Sam’s personality.
2. I think the first scene is really good, but I’m not sure it’s necessary for the story. Everything after Sam starts telling about his day is amazing, just maybe think about putting the scene with his mom in…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Theme Mastery Q&A in the forum Theme Mastery 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea okey dokey. I will not be able to make it. Guys, *wags finger sternly* You be sure and ask him plenty of questions ‘kay?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
*chokes* Well that was unexpected. @Emma-Flournoy
And I love that @R-J-Wordsmith. 😀
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle. Ahhh, a new person I haven’t met yet. Sorry I’m so late *hangs head in shame* I was very busy all weekend long… BUT WELCOME!!! I’m so glad to see you around here. Glad to hear Kingdom Pen’s name is floating around the Young Writer’s Workshop. (I stalk the Facebook group but I need to get involved over there more) Anyway, I’m glad you…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Homework for Video 10: Theme & Scene Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@audrey-caylin Well, it’s fine to end a scene with a disaster. In that case you’re basically just dividing one scene (with an action and reaction sequence) into two scenes, one with the action sequence and the other with the reaction sequence.
I guess I should have phrased myself a little differently. A scene is a section in your story where…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Homework for Video 10: Theme & Scene Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@audry-caylin Well, it’s fine to end a scene with a disaster. In that case you’re basically just dividing one scene (with an action and reaction sequence) into two scenes, one with the action sequence and the other with the reaction sequence.
I guess I should have phrased myself a little differently. A scene is a section in your story where…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Homework for Video 10: Theme & Scene Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@audrey-caylin That’s a good point. Scenes are a hard thing to grasp. I really don’t think anyone has a perfect definition of them. One helpful place to start is that a scene is similar to a chapter. By that I mean that many chapters are comprised of only one scene. There are however many chapters out there with two or more scenes in them. These…[Read more]
- Load More
